Rhode Island

ceremony musician

We are looking for a musician that would be able to come to our Newport wedding.  I have heard some are around 300 dollars for a half hour!!  Who are you using and are they reasonably priced?  I would love to spend under 200... we also have a Thursday wedding so people are usually more likely to give us a discount.  Thanks!

Re: ceremony musician

• If you're not opposed, you should contact music departments at the local colleges and univerisities. A lot of students are often looking for ways to make some money, but since they are not professionals, you can pay them less.  If you're looking for some students, call the music department, and ask for the names of instrument professors who take lessons. They may be able to give you names of their students who are looking for opportunities and have the talent.

I know that my friends and I did this a lot when we were in college and looking for performance opportunities. 
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • Oh that is not a bad idea..  I am definitely not opposed to that at all.  I could probably get someone for half of what the others charge, if not less!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards