Rhode Island

Question for Easton's Beach brides?

Does anyone who if Easton's Beach Rotunda requires open bar?

Thanks!

Re: Question for Easton's Beach brides?

• edited December 2011
    I don't know, but my guess is Yes.  We are marrying at the Glen Manor House that's owned by the Town of Portsmouth.  (Easton's Beach Ballroom is owned by the City of Newport)  Glen Manor doesn't allow cash bars, so I'm thinking Easton's Beach may have a similar policy since it's owned by the city. 

• edited December 2011

I was surprised because most venues I looked at (Towers, Meeting House, Kinney) had to have an open bar, but you actually can have a cash bar at Easton's if your servers have the right license. Here's what they e-mailed me last June:

We do not have a preferred caterer list so you can choose any insured caterer.
    If you plan on serving alcohol with a cash bar, and would like your selected caterer to serve it, they need to have a Class P license.
    If you are having an open bar, and your caterer is serving the alcohol, they do not need a Class P license. 
    If your caterer is not serving the alcohol, the alternative is to hire and insured, certified bartending service.

• i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes. Cash bar. my friend got married last yea,r and she brought in all her own alcohol and it was a cash bar after the first cocktail hour.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds good!  Thanks for everyone's help!!
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    brittany. btw i changed my user name it was jcorvese before.
    I might have some info that is useful to ypou since you are planning a similiar wedding to my own.

Want me to send it along? I compiled  spreadsheet of everywhere I looked, Priicing, open bar or not, caterers,. cake people etc.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    oh, that sounds great!  you can send it to: brittany.depin@gmail.com.  i really appreciate it!!
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am an Easton Beach bride, cash bars are allowed. Kristen pretty much summed it up. :)
  • edited December 2011
    it is not in the contract that your are required to have an open bar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards