Rhode Island

Photobooth Question

Hi ladies, I'm getting married next July and could use some photobooth advice.

I would love to have a photobooth (in addition to our photographer), but I also am having trouble justifying an additional $1000+ dollars for one.  I've looked up rates on 4 different photobooth vendors that serve RI (Photobooth Planet, New England Photo Booth, PartyBooths and ShutterBooth), and it seems like PartyBooths is the cheapest at ~$900 for 4 hours or $1100 for 6 hours, though that includes only one set of prints.

Do any of you ladies have other photobooth vendors to suggest, or do you have experience with any of those 4 vendors, PartyBooths in particular?  Any opinions from those of you who have had photobooths on whether or not they were worth the extra $1K would be great, too!

Thanks!

Re: Photobooth Question

• edited December 2011
    Hi, my good friend sometimes works a booth for Photobooth Planet at weddings.  She says they provide 2 prints -- 1 for the person to take away with them (kinda like a favor), and 1 that the person can write on and give back to the photobooth person.  The photobooth person then takes the extra print and puts it in a book that the bride and groom get (in their hands to take with them) at the end of the night.  It's like a guestbook and favor.  At least that's how she's described it.  I don't know for sure, but when I briefly looked into it, that was more than the other photobooth companies provided.

I've been at a wedding with a different photobooth, and it -was- way fun.  Our group of friends is just goofy and awkward and fun, so maybe it was just our group.  I don't know the name of that photobooth company, but the bride and groom seemed really pleased by the attention and entertainment it provided.  I don't know if you would want the more extra stuff (ie, the book at the end of the night), but this is what I know.

ALSO, my photographer offered to do a photobooth for an extra $500.... you may speak to your photographer and see if they would be willing to set up a "homemade" style photobooth for you.

** btw, I don't work for Photobooth Planet or get any other kind of compensation for this comment, I've just heard such great things.  If I could spare an extra $500 to $2k I probably would go for it..... alas, the tree outside my house does not grow money.
  • edited December 2011
    I am considering one myself but also can't justify the money...I do prefer the look of "photo lounges" versus "photo booths"...just more modern. Many photogs are offering photolounges...The cheapest lounge I've found is $649 by Lefebvre Photo, for up to 6 hours: http://lefebvrephoto.com click on Photo Lounge at the top. At this price, I may book their lounge for that added fun element at the wedding at such a great price...other lounges run upwards of $1300-1500 and for less time.

Hope this helps!
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• edited December 2011
    I booked Party Booths based on reviews from brides on this board, my wedding is in June so I will know more then.  I am trying to justify the price by using the photos as our favors.  Since the pics are unlimited, if you wanted to do a scrapbook, the guests could just go twice and put one set in the book, and you still will get a CD of all the pics after, so you won't miss any of them!

I also read good reviews for both NE Photobooths and  Photobooth Planet on this board.  There was one bride who was able to negotiate the price with Geoff at Photobooth Planet because she had an off-season wedding. 

I had found a list once, not sure if all them are correct:

New England Photobooths
    Photobooth PlanetParty Booths
    East Coast Amusements
    Images Event Studios
    RI Photobooths
    Rentphotobooths.com

Shutterbooth

Party Booth

• Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding that used the photobooth as favors, the six picture print contains two of our favorite photos.  It is still on display in our home six mos later. 
  • Bunnybride79Bunnybride79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     My photographer offers a photobooth (called the BlueCube) for only $650.00  He's great and lovely to work with---definitely worth checking out. Click on the "bluecube" tab on his site.... http://blueflashphotography.com/

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!!  I'll have to look into the other photobooth/photo lounge options!  I'm sure my friends (and my FI and I) would have an amazing time with the photobooth, it's really just a question of the money.  We already have plans for favors, so the photos would be additional favors at an additional cost... maybe we can save money somewhere else, though, and splurge on a photobooth or lounge.
  • edited December 2011
    I just found another one  http://www.baystatephotobooth.com/index.html

Had I found this before I would have used them, you can do 3 hours with all the same stuff included as Partybooths (attendant, CD, online pics, ect) for only $600, the 4 hours is $800, so only $100 cheaper than Partybooths for 4 hours, but I would have gone with 3 hours becuase that extra $300 would have come in handy!

• edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding with a photobooth but we are using one for our July wedding.  It was actually the first thing we booked LOL!  I feel like since we are using it as the favor and guest book I an justify spending the extra money on it.  Hope it is as fun as it looks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards