Rhode Island
Options

Bridesmaid causing huge dilemma! Help!

I have decided to keep my bridesmaid party somewhat small because I was never a fan of a large bridal party. Anyhow, one of my bridesmaids is telling me that If my bridal party consists of cousins that I NEED to have all my female cousins included. However, one of them said that she wouldn't enjoy being a maid and the other one I didn't ask because she is rude and never talks to me! This current bridesmaid of mine told me "if u don't have all the cousins then you don't have any and should just have a MOH. She was always nice so I don't know why she's acting like this. Isn't it MY wedding day after all? Please tell me if I'm wrong or right! Thank you ladies!

Re: Bridesmaid causing huge dilemma! Help!

• Options
    You shouldn't feel like you have to ask anyone. Its your big day you should have who you want standing by your side! Bridesmaids that are nice/loving/supportive and asking people that have said they didn't want to be bridesmaids, puts them in that awkward spot of feeling like they have to say yes.
    Bottom line you are the bride and its YOUR day!
    Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Family that you aren't close with or don't see or speak with regularly should understand.  Most of my bridal party is family except my MOH, one being a cousin.  Not once have I thought I should have them all.  One I don't talk to them like that, two its my wedding day and three they don't care.  Tell whoever is telling you this to shut it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that someone who is supposed to support you is causing drama.  Ultimately, you should choose people that love and support you - not out of obligation.  I would be gentle on your first approach because sometimes, you have no idea what someone's intentions are.  Thank her for her feedback but remind her, it is ultimately your choice.  If she continues with the negativity, then its time for a more serious talk.  Best of luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Darling, you are the bride! If she has an issue with your decision than she should reconsider being a bridesmaid...period. You don't need the unnecessary drama and you don't owe her an explanation. Like yourself I kept my bridal party small, 1 MOH and 1 BM. It was also less expensive too! My mother did give me a little grief but I explained to ther my reasons and she was more understanding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards