Rhode Island

DIY Flowers

We are planning to do our own flowers. nothing too much since we arent doing floral centerpieces. Does anyone know of any local wholesale flower distributors and what was your experience with them? the wedding is in Portsmouth

Also, it would be great if we could work with a local farm or nursery for the flowers, but i have had a hard time finding one... any thoughts?

We are very flexible with what we want. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: DIY Flowers

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Robin's Hollow Farm, they have fresh cut flowers for weddings. They also do flowers for weddings too (if you have a charge of heart). There's a chart that will tell you what flowers are in season (save on cost) and the locations (all over R.I) to purchase the flowers. I thought prices of her flowers were pretty reasonable but you might want to check out the CSA program too.

http://www.robinhollowfarm.com/Home.html
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to say the same thing. Check with Polly at Robin Hollow Farm. She's fantastic.
  • edited December 2011
    You could check out http://www.fiftyflowers.com/
    They are web based, but their prices are really affordable.
  • elizakenneyelizakenney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much! this is a great start...Polly looks great!
  • edited December 2011
    As anothr option, think about stop and shop for making you bouquets and suck. Around the time some of us were getting married there was a girl who went this route. They came out nice and were very reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out costco.com.  They have a floral section.  We did the large white callas.  All you have to do is stick them in some big vases for large arrangements.  We supplemented the large arrangements with pacificcallas.com mini callas.  Callas are a simple but beautiful wedding flower.  The minis were used for bout's, corsages, bridesmaids bouquets, and table arrangements.  The large callas were for my bouquet (I am 6' so my bouquet was huge).  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards