Rhode Island
Options

Officiant Rec?

Hello!

I'm getting married 6/4/11 in Newport (my hometown) but I currently live in NY and will be relocating to California in July, so we're trying to get a lot of our big plans (florist, officiant, etc) finalized when we're in RI visiting for a week at the end of June.  You all were so helpful with band rec's a few weeks ago that I thought you'd be the right people to ask!

We're getting married at Castle Hill and neither of us is religious.  Because of this, the ceremony will be secular and definitely shorter than a full mass, but we do want it to be more substantial than some of the super quick 5 minute ceremonies I've attended.  We'd like to involve family and friends in some ways, but we also want an officiant who will be able to say something meaningful and more tailored to our style than the general vows. 

Have any of you worked with someone fantastic? Obviously, someone professional and easy to work with, but also willing to tailor it for us!! If so, I'd love to hear rec's! I'd also love if any of you have ideas for ways to make the ceremony a bit 'meatier'-- like readings that you've heard used at non-religious ceremonies! I've heard of lighting a candle togehter, but given our location that's probably not a possibility ;-)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Officiant Rec?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like Frank Camera.  If you need the contact info I can send it to you.  I loved his ceremony which we read through when we met with him.  He was very willing to add special touches for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Michael Kelleher--his site is riweddingsbythesea.com

His email is there, he is great. Down to earth and very personable...we really click with him! He also gives sends you some example ceremonies and some ideas for secular readings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also have Michael Kelleher for our 8.6.10 wedding and he is amazing. He is such a nice man and very personable. He was so easy to talk to about what we wanted and didn't want. His price is also very reasonable!
  • Options
    ayleeaylee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Rev. John (Skip) Sweeney and loved him!  We felt very comfortable with him and he was funny too.  He was very professional.  Everybody in my party who talked to him liked him a lot, and his wife.  His site is http://nondenomwedding.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Mike Egan @ www.HeavenlyWeddingsinri.com

He was soooo relaxing & reasonable price & always there for me to answer all my question & keep me calm!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards