Rhode Island

engagement photos

Hey everyone,
My FI and I are getting our engagment photos taken on 10/30/2011. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for where to go in Providence, RI or Bellingham, MA
There are the usual places but we are really looking for something different. I also want them to be outside since the fall leaves will be out.

Re: engagement photos

• RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are so many options in Providence, up on College Hill you can get many different looks with park like settings and urban feel.  That is where we are considering, you can go down by the river as well.
  • edited December 2011
    We did our engagement pictures at Slater Park in Pawtucket, RI.  It's really close & it has tons of different areas.  It's got a carousel, a pond, woods, grassy areas, stone walls, stone bridges.  It's got all the different types of areas, so you can get a ton of pictures all in 1 place.  It also has a place called 'Swan Pond' where you can find dozens of swans just swimming around.  If you are interested, I can send you some pictures from our photographer, so you can see the different types of areas I talked about :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you.. those are both great suggestions.

If you wouldn't mind Lomlboat sending me some pics just so I can get an idea... I would really appreciate it..

Thanks again
  • edited December 2011
    I just sent you a PM - let me know your email and I'll give you the pics from all the different areas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another scenic location is Roger Williams Park which will have beautiful fall foilage at this time of the year. There are also the swan boats and some lovely structures in the park. The link below has pictures from photographer Caitlin Maloney. There's also the  Botanical center with a lush tropical garden - great location for a rain date.

I had my e-session in the heart of downtown Providence. We are total urbanites so we wanted to reflect that in our e-session. It really depends on what you guys want because even a alley made for fun photos We also choose an evening session. Link below

• blondy1knkblondy1knk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you come to newport ri, you could take pictures around ocean drive, the cliff walk, mansions or downtown newport. 
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I had our pics done in Roger Williams Park. IDK how much time you have when you go, but our photographer is a family friend, so we were there literally for hours and went from one end of the park to the other. So many beautiful places to have pictures taken. We caught the sunset at the end of the park near the pond and the temple and it was gorgeous. I was thrilled with the backdrop the park had to offer. I highly recommend it.

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards