Rhode Island
Options

RI Beach Ceremony HELP!!

Can anyone give me advice on what beach you can get married on in RI that allows chairs for guests and possibly a tent for rain???? I am running into walls everywhere I turn....it seems that getting married on the beach and having any objects (chairs, tents, Arbor, etc) is a liability issue and most beaches are telling me no. So if anyone has gotten married on the beach in RI or knows someone who did....please let me know!! Thank you!! 

Re: RI Beach Ceremony HELP!!

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I had my ceremony at Easton Beach but I also had my reception there too so I don't know what the fee is for just a ceremony. The venue set ups the garden chairs and trellis for us too. I don't know of too many beaches that allow you to get married right on the beach but  the couple below got married at Weekapaug beach. 

• Options

I went to a wedding at Gooseberry Beach (in Newport) - the ceremony was right on the beach with the reception in the hall.  It was a great location and a fun time - one of the best weddings I've ever been to!  Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There is narragansett Beach, you can have your ceremony on the beach, however it's not private and it can be a busy beach. But it's beatiful.
  • Options
    I'm looking into the Rotunda on Easton Beach and they do provide chairs.  There will be an extra fee for the DJ (if you have a DJ) and if they don't have power then the DJ needs to bring a generator (another fee).  I was a wedding planner and clients normally don't think of the extra fees when getting married in another room/location then reception.  You can try DJ MaShane http://www.DJMaShane.com they were great to work with and very good pricing.  Normally under $1000 for basic wedding.  Let them know the ceremony is on the beach and reception/cocktail in another location.  Make sure you use wireless mics or lapel mic so people can hear the vows.  Very hard to hear on beaches with wind noise, ocean, street, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards