Rhode Island
Options

Reception Site Help Please

Hi all!
So my sister is newly engaged but lives in Maryland. I figured since the Knot helped sooooo much when I got married (and the Bump when I had my babies!), I would ask you ladies for some help in looking for a reception site. They are set on March 31 for a date and will have about 100 people. Budget for venue is hopefully under $200. She would like to be able to have an outside caterer who will bring in hors d'overs and desserts. Any ideas? All help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Reception Site Help Please

• Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello
    Is there a specific area she wants to get married- by the beach, in a park, etc?
    That would be really helpful.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nope, nothing specific, altho i would assume an indoor venue because snow might be an issue, still
  • Options
    KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The only indoor venue I can think of for $200 or less that accommodates 100 and where you can bring in your own food is the carousel at Goddard Park in Potowomut (Warwick) but it doesn't start renting until April 1. I'd start checking out VFW halls and such.

She might be better off doing an all-inclusive place where they might waive the room rental fee because it's the off season ...

Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I agree with Goddard Park.  We're having our ceremony there and its $200 for the day (including chairs) + the day before set up.  The only issue there is that you cannot have alcohol, so that's why we're having our reception at Quidnessett down the street. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok i didn't proofread anbd meant budget is about 2000!!! Ooops, any better ideas? Sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The North Beach Clubhouse in Narragansett is a good option right on the beach, and its on the less expensive side. Downside is the limit is 100 guests, which is a strict limit there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards