Rhode Island
Options

Linens Help!!

Just got a quote for linens and I'm shocked by the price...and its just to rent them. I know my caterer said that some brides find it cheaper to buy them and I was wondering if anyone had any advice? 

My colors are light blues and sages...another issue I have is white vs. ivory? My dress is white

Re: Linens Help!!

• Options
    where is this price from? and how much?
    Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    about $630 not sure from where, it was included in catering quote
  • Options
    GEEZ!!!! We are looking at West Bay Gourmet in the next few weeks and possibly one other cater, Russell Morins before we decide. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the prices. Where are you getting married?
    Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I haven't met with her yet but I was referred to her by a friend who is a party planner. It doens't hurt to give her a try. Good luck

ido-details.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We are using WestBay! KC is amazing, she def puts my nerves at ease and she was the one that actually told me that it might be cheaper to buy my own linens! We are getting married at South Ferry and reception is at the Towers.
  • Options
    I've also heard it would be cheaper to buy, I'm concerned about resale since they aren't just plain colored linens.  I have a quote for tables/chairs/linens, etc. that's 1k+ so I'm no help.  I'm going through Rentals Unlimited but you could check Felicia's in Fall River.

To be honest though, linens to rent aren't cheap.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just stumbled on to http://www.linentablecloth.com...its not too bad.
  • Options
    I bought my own linens after I met a few rental companies including the one I used (Rentals-Unlimited) and I was also shocked with the linen quote. I bought my linens from CV linens and Smarty had a Party. FB Smarty had a Party for a discount and CV Linens is having a blow out sale. I also used Rentals Unlimited virtual tabletop to play around with ideas and used the quote to determine the quantity and sizes. Visiting the showroom was great too. Also linen napkins can be pricey so I used high quality paper napkins that came prefolded origami star style. Click on the Smarty link to see them on the front page. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards