Rhode Island
Options

Newport on a BUDGET?

Hey guys,

We aren't trying to do this for free or anything, but does anyone know cool / unique locations to have a wedding in Newport that aren't ridiculous.  We're looking at September, 2011.  Would LOVE some suggestions!

Re: Newport on a BUDGET?

• Options
    KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Rotunda at Easton's Beach is probably one of the most reasonably priced in Newport. You also can rent the lawn of Fort Adams and do a tent wedding there. I also thought about looking at the Edward King House, whose prices seemed reasonable, but didn't because we found our venue. If you want an all-inclusive place, the Atlantic Beach Club just over the Middletown line (next to the Rotunda) gets good reviews.

If you want to be just outside of Newport but still be in Newport County, there's Glen Manor in Portsmouth and our venue, The Meeting House in Tiverton, which is about 20 minutes or so away. My out-of-town guests went down after breakfast, did the Cliff Walk and had lunch before our 3 p.m. wedding.
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ellstevensellstevens member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to work in Newport at one of the hotels so I defintely know how expensive Newport weddings can get. I am actually getting married in Sept 2011 in Newport and I chose the Majestic which is a private yacht that docks at Bowen's Wharf. It's a great option and probably one of the least expensive venues you will find...defintely worth checking it out! It's operated by the Newport Cruise Company.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Regatta Place may have some good deals on Friday & Sundays.
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also want to try the IYRS (international yacht restoration school) in Newport. They have a great space and the pricing is inexpensive in terms of Newport especially for a small to medium size wedding (price based on guests count). You must bring you own caterer.
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin got married the Thursday before Labor Day weekend in Newport.  Yes...the Thursday.  The fancy venue that she loved was actually reasonably priced IF you did it on a weeknight.  We took two days off for the wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone had a winter wedding in Newport? If yes where? We are looking at the Atlantic Beach club would love to hear from anyone who had a reception there!
  • Options
    amygirl78amygirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're getttin married at the Atlantic Beach Club in April. Its actually considered part of their Winter package. I have heard nothing but good things about the ABC, and I already know that the food is good. I  can not wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards