Rhode Island

Photobooths...guest distraction or a good time??

Hi girls, so I love the idea of a photobooth but after chatting with my MOH I'm unsure about having one. Personally I have never been to a wedding with a photobooth so I don't know how smoothly they run. We are having a fairly large wedding @ 210ppl, the booth would be set up in the cocktail room....so here's my worry..will my guests be spending more time outside of the room my wedding is in to take pictures?? I have spent a lot of money on my entertainment for the evening so I really am hoping for lots of fun and dancing on the dance floor, not a line outside of where the party is to jump in a photobooth. So what do you think???

Re: Photobooths...guest distraction or a good time??

• Personally, I think they are great but a little overdone.  I've been to 5 weddings in the past year, and four had photoboths.  BUT - everyone seems to love them, especially people outside our age group who haven't been to weddings with them.  As long as people can enjoy the photobooth during the cocktail hour, I wouldn't worry about it! Do what makes you happy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hear your concerns but we ultimately decide to go with one anyhow.  I actually haven't been to a wedding with one yet, which is surprising since as PP said they are everywhere.

Ours will be set up outside the main reception room which is my preference.  I didn't want it being a distraction in the reception room.  Ultimately the fun of it and having the pictures meant more to us than any concern.  If it is something you like then go for it.
  • Heres a DJs advice on Photo Booths,

Photo Booths are a great addition to any wedding and give your guests something fun to do as well as a way to take away many memories from the event. One suggestion is to only have the photo booth operating during cocktail hour and maybe again for a little after dinner. Also as another Bride has mentioned placing it in a room that isn't the reception room. You also may find yourself in the photo booth and it will create great pictures that will last a lifetime !

Bryan Bailey
    Premier Entertainment
  • Thanks for all the advice guys!!! :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards