Rhode Island

XP: Introducing myself

Hi!
I am new to the boards. I live in RI however,  we are getting married 11/5/11 in East Bridgewater MA at The Villa. I am looking for vendor recomendations for a photographer, DJ, florist, hair & make up and baker. (pretty much all of it) Just starting out planning.If anyone has any great referrals I would be grateful.
I am posting this on the Boston board also.
Thanks in advance
Susie

Re: XP: Introducing myself

• edited December 2011
    congrats and welcome!

here are my rec's (my vendors are listed first):

Photog: Jennifer Leatherwood (Fall River based), Faith Dugan (Newport based), Michelle Carpenter of Main Event (Greenville, RI based), Melissa Robotti (Boston Based), Zenobia Studios (East Greenwich, RI based)

Video: David Bettencourt

DJ: Victor from Partytime, Bobby from Main Event

Florist: Laurel Lane, Stoneblossom, Flowers by Semia, Golden Gate

Hair: Leeann Tingley out of Calma Salon in Cranston, RI, New Leaf Salon

Makeup: Kristin Greene, Jenn Hodge

hope this helps! good luck :-)
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^ My date twin has a dream team of vendors. I second Jennifer Leatherwood and Melissa Robotti. I'd like to add Kristin Spencer (RI) and my photogs, Visual-Obsession (CT) to that list of photographers. Uh...I should mention these photogs are on the higher end of the pricing spectrum.

So in case you are on a budget: Kevin trimmer, Mandy Mayberry, Blue Flash Photography are some fresh faces. There's also DB photography too. 

Video: Michael and Tricia Films (MA), Jeff Brouillet Films (MA), The Light Mill Films (CT), Fairytale Studios (CT) and of course David Bettencourt (RI) - They are all modern cinematographers. No 80s cheese here.

DJ: add to list DJ Ramu (MA)

Florists: The Tangled Web (MA), Bumble Bee Landing (MA), Florals by Alisa (R.I) Blooming Blossoms (RI), Toni Chandler Flowers and Events (RI) and Golden Gate (RI) (all relatively reasonably priced florists with tons of positive reviews. They do book up quickly especially Florals by Alisa)

Make up & Hair: Sara Faella (RI/CT), Jennie Kay Murphy (RI), Robin Mcaloon -make up only (RI),  Kristen Greene (RI), Sam C- hair only (R.I)
  • edited December 2011
    i know who you are : )

xoxo monster mash
  • edited December 2011
    The ladies have got you pretty well covered. I'd add Mike Picard and Weddingstories to the videography reccs. And I'll put in a plug for Melissa Robotti, whom they both mentioned. She was our photographer and is fantastic.

You didn't mention needing a DOC, but if you do, I recommend Andria Medeiros at Infinite Events.
  • edited December 2011
    Although we're getting married in Narragansett, most of my vendors are northern RI based, so they should work for you.

Photography - We just booked Mark Turek Photography (Providence, RI, recommended by anne.azano on the board), and we really like working with Mark so far. We also met with Manny at a Bride's Day (Cumberland, RI), who is often recommended. We just didn't click with him personally, but I think his work is nice and he could be a great fit for most couples. They're both on the more budget-friendly end of things.

Makeup/Hair - I am in the process of booking Kristin Greene (Johnston, RI) who seems very nice, and Krystal Treanor also came really highly recommended by Sam C (hair). As so many have said, Sam C does beautiful work at a great rate, and she mentioned to me recently that she will do makeup if you have less than four applications.

DJ - We're using Men With Many Hats Entertainment (Andy specifically, but Steve, the owner is also great). They're located in Taunton. Andy was the DJ at a couple of our friends' weddings and they're fabulous. They keep the dance floor packed while keeping your night/events moving along. They can also be as much or as little involved as you would like them to be in terms of hyping the crowd during the reception.

Florals - We booked Florals by Alisa. They're affordable and very responsive. We also met with Jay from Golden Gate Studios and we liked him very much as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Mark Turek... here is the link to my wedding photos.  I was so happy with him and Anne and they're very reasonably priced.  http://www.markturekphotography.com/Weddings/Annie/13538590_Fhiu8#988633383_KgXVQ
    makeup/hair:  Crystal Treanor/Lucas and Sam C.  Was so happy with them!  At the beginning of my photos you can see them doing our hair and makeup.
    DJ:  Susanne from Moondance, she did a great job.  If you look at the last few pages of my photos you can see everyone dancing.
    Florist: Nancy Birch from Grandiflora designs.  there are also photos of our bouquets, her centerpieces and the wreath and arrangements she made for our church.
    My vendors aren't frequently mentioned here, but they did a great job and they were cheaper than most of the people who commonly come up in this board.  

good luck and have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations & Welcome!  

PHOTOGRAPHER:
    I'm using Peter Silvia, photographer.  He doesn't get mentioned on here all time time, but I really think he's a Newport Best Kept Secret. He gets REAL moments. There's nothing fake or trendy about his pictures.  (but he's not traditional, either) I really appreciate that because I think so many wedding pictures are contrived and don't really have anything to do with the actual couple getting married.  http://www.petersilvia.com

DJ:
    I like Bobby from Main Event Weddings and Victor From Partytime:

FLORALS:
    I'm using Stoneblossom for florals, but I also LOVE Jay from Golden Gate:

MAKEUP:
    For makeup, I'm using Kristin Greene, but I also love Jen Hodge from Spectrum.  Jen does airbrush makeup.

HAIR:
    I haven't done this yet, but I'm thinking about either Wavelengths Salon & Spa or Formal Hair Design: 

CAKE:
    We used Sin for our engagement party, and we are thinking about using Scrumptions for our wedding:
    http://www.scrumptions.com

• makeupbylorimakeupbylori member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photographer: Definately recommend Jennifer Leatherwood (Fall River, Ma)

DJ: Partytime DJ- DJ Victor Rodrigues (RI)

Hair: Alyssa Marchand of Glow Hair Skin and Harmony Spa (Fall River, Ma)

Makeup: MYSELF  Lori Andrade of Glitz and Glamour (RI and MA)

I'm new to this site...I am a traveling makeup artist with GREAT wedding packages. My business advertising will be up and running by November 6th. Email me at Lori-anne_andrade@hotmail.com for a complete list of my wedding packages!
  • susieqq5454susieqq5454 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the input I sure have my work cut out for me!Embarassed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards