Rhode Island
Options

Inexpensive photographer

I am trying to find someone who is not 2500 for the day.  I want to spend under 1000, under 800 would be awesome!!  Does anyone know of any good photographers that are reasonably priced and would travel to Newport for a Thursday wedding?  Thanks!!

Re: Inexpensive photographer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I seem to be following you around this forum lol, My photographer is actually a family friend who works for a Photography company, but does wedding/engagement/family portraits etc. photography on the side. I am sure he will give you a decent deal if you tell him that i referred you. If you're interested, email me at amandaleigh725 at gmail dot com :o)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found one that is 1500 for the entire day which includes a second photpgrapher - that is REALLY reasonable and she does great work :) message me if you would like details
  • Options
    shaina925shaina925 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1500 isn't bad.  We were really hoping to get under a grand.  I did have a friend offer to do it for 700, she charges 100 an hour.  I am just not sure how great her pictures are.  I would need to check out her portfolio.  She kind of just does it as a hobby on the side/extra money type thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Portrait New England does some weddings for under a grand. I am paying more than that for albums etc., but a friend of mine hired them too and she is in Rhode Island (so they definitely cover there). She is paying $900 for 6 hours of coverage. She paid up front in order to get a free engagement session too. It's a really good deal- some sort of special if you book before the end of October. Check out their stuff at www.portraitnewengland.com
    If you want any more info just private message me. Good luck!
  • Options
    vaia814vaia814 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I emailed the Photography Dept at RISD and got a few responses from students. They had varying levels of experience and pricing, so that might be a good option for you depending on what you are looking for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer is going to be Adam Kohut, who has packages under $1000 (http://www.adamkohut.com). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is less than $1000 for 6 hours of coverage or so. I'm getting 6 hours, engagement session and an album for about $1200. Keri-Rae Photography
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've added the same recomendation on another post, so sorry if you've already read this. I booked Jennifer Lima Photography. Check out her web page or give her a call. Her prices are really reasonable and she may design a wedding package in the price range you are looking for. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards