Rhode Island
Options

Dance lessons

So, we cant' dance. Neither one of us. At all.

This played into my "let's elope" fantasy which was a no-go....

Just wondering, has anyone taken dance lessons around here? Were you happy with them? Any recommendations?

I was trying to research it, found one place in East Greenwich - many places I found have not updated their websites in several years.

I know i could call around, but I am really nervous about dancing in front of people and have been avoiding it.

Additionally, my friend is getting married a few months before me and 2 other close friends got engaged this week - I want to be able to at least be able to dance during the slow songs without doing the junior high shuffle  :(

September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dance lessons

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, I just logged into the Knot to post about the same thing!!!  I was researching dance lessons last night around 3am (!!!!) and discovered the same thing, that many sites haven't been updated in years.  

Are you looking for lessons in the South County area?  I kept coming across this one instructor: Deborah Nash.  It looks like she teaches all over South County...Wickford, NK, Exeter, Wakefield & Narragansett.  It looks like she does private classes as well.  I think we are going to start in January or February! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks sooo much for the link - the 8 pm ones in East Greenwich would work great for us (we live in Lincoln), and would be a fun way to start our weekend   :)
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I went to Arthur Murray in Johnston on Atwood Ave 401-274-8840. Mark is the teacher and is a great guy. We did a package that included a certain number of private lessons and group lessons. He choreographed a routine for us for our first dance.  I just got my wedding video in and can't wait to see how we looked doing the dance!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:39 and BRCA1+, DH:44
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#5 11/12 bad embryos= BFFN
    FINAL DE IVF #6 1/13: cancelled as second donor backed out during stims
    Was added last minute as 3rd recipient to new donor on 1/18; ET1/23/13
    2/1/13 BFP for the first time ever; Beta hell for several weeks: miscarriage 7 wks
    CFNBC
    GradyPhotobucket
    Riley
    RIP Riley 1/4/12
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mrs McIrish - watching myself dance sounds like a nightmare, so they must have been good lessons if you're excited to watch!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A lot of people use Dancin' Feelin' in Warwick too.  They have a wedding "first dance" package, it's super reasonable.  We were going to do lessons there before my husband had his knee surgery 13 weeks before our wedding....  He was just hoping to be able to walk at the wedding, so the dancing became less of a priority for us.  :-) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards