Rhode Island

Vendor Reviews! Part 1

Hello ladies,

We got married at Kinney Bungalow on Friday, it was such an amazing day full of love! I hope these reviews can help a future bride.

Hair/Makeup- MAW Beauty (Melissa Wilson)
- Melissa and her assistant Jamie were so great to have. I went in for a hair trial and had a specific half up/half down look in mind, and the day of the wedding I wanted to change it to pulling my hair completely to the side instead. Melissa did this no questions asked, and it looked absolutely amazing. I would absolutely recommend her!

Venue- Kinney Bunaglow
- In the end, I am so pleased we decided to pick this spot to get married. There were a few bumps in the road with the coordinator. First, a year into our contract she told us we had to buy liability insurance which was stated nowhere- second, we had to order champagne flutes from another rental company because Liberty Rentals was out. Well, Lisa had a problem with this because she 'does not let any other rental company deliver' and she was not going to allow it- I asked for her supervisors phone number, and after she did not respond I found her supervisors number myself and only after I explained/complained to him, she changed her mind and allowed a 'one time exception'.

Like I said though, I would not have changed the location at all. It was absolutely stunning the day of the wedding.

Caterer- Easy Entertaining LLC
- Where do I even begin?! Kait is the owner of Easy Entertaining, and she was a dream to have. They are a farm-to-table caterer, and 70ish percent of the food they prepare is grown within a 250 mile radius. Guests were so impressed with how the food was plated and also tasted. Some came up to me and said it was the best food they have EVER had at a wedding, hands down. This was one of the best decisions I have ever made, I absolutely love them.

The day of coordinator there is Erica, and I don't even know how to begin to explain how amazing she was. Every single thing I ever asked her was answered promptly, she set everything up BEAUTIFULLY the day of the wedding to the point where people came up to us numerous times and commented on the locavore stationary platter she set up, and she is such a sweetheart in general. Best. Decision. Ever.

Photographer- Justine Johnson Photography
- Justine is absolutely amazing. I actually found her on Craigslist (she is from Maine- she LOVES to travel!), and after meeting with her we did not want to look anywhere else. It has only been 2 days after the wedding, but I can tell you how awesome, laid back and UNOBTRUSIVE she was the day of the wedding. I loved x 10 having her there, and her assistant Kim was really awesome too. She even told us to look for sneak peaks on Monday! I would recommend her in a second, and her prices are very misleading- she is amazing at what she does but does not believe in charging and arm and a leg.

Cupcakes- The Cupcakerie
- It was such a fantastic decision to have cupcakes instead of a cake. Kristin (the owner) is such a breeze to talk to, and the cupcakes tasted DELICIOUS. I heard many comments from guests about how much they loved them. There were 4 different flavors (Mocha Espresso, Lavender Bean, Pumkin Cranberry & Caramel Apple) and I loved how guests could have more than one to try. Absolutely recommended!

DJ- Moondance Productions
- Alan from Moondance was our DJ for the night. He was FANTASTIC. The dance floor was packed all night and he knew exactly what to play for the moment. He also made us a cd and gave it to us at the end of the night of all the specific songs we had picked to play. :) His prices are also misleading- he did such an amazing job.

Bartender- Bartending by Dennis
- Ok, this is the only vendor that I have heard anything negative from (suprisingly). At the bungalow we could supply our own alcohol (it is required to be open bar), so my dad went to NH and got all of the stuff. We were contracted to have the alcohol served until 10 o clock and then it would shut down. First, when I went up to the bar to ask for another Octoberfest, he told me they were out. He then searched the cooler and happened to find one more. This was the furthest from the truth, as we had at least 25-30 left for our house party yesterday. (I would understand if I was wasted or something, but I only had one beer before that). Another guest told us she was tried to get a Jack and Coke, but they also said they were out of Jack, which was a lie. My dad bought 4 bottles of Jack, and they had maybe gone through 3 at that point. Another guest saw some of the bartenders packing up a lot of the bottles at 9pm! We had a lot of biker guys there, so after confronting them they put it back lol.

Anyway, I was just surpised to hear about this. Maybe they have a reason for it, but we bought the alcohol so they shouldn't be doing anything to it before the contractual time is up other than serving it!

Trolley- Viking Tours
- The trolley was such a cool choice for guest transportation. They have more options besides a trolley, but that was what we absolutely wanted. Kirtley is the coordinator who I spoke with there, and she was so great at answering any questions I had along the way. The day of, the driver was really awesome, showed up on time, and went back and forth until all of the guests were at the ceremony and brought back at the end of the night. Highly recommended.

Holiday Inn- South Kingstown
- Marie is the coordinator there- I had such a great experience with her. In the beginning of planning she took a little while to respond, but months before leading up she was great with answering my questions within 24 hours maximum. The day of the wedding was awesome- when we came back after we closed the bar at like 12:30, then the guests were partying out in the LOBBY until about 1:30am, without question. One guest even brought his boombox and we were listening to the radio until then- they were awesome. I made OOT bags and they gave them to guests as soon as they checked in, which worked out really well.

About a week before the wedding, I went down to the Holiday Inn and noticed in the potential room we went to see that they didn't have a railing or hook or anything near the window so I could have my bride hanger and my dress there for pictures. I asked Marie if they could put a hook up for this, and without question she had their engineer put one up for me! I loved my stay there, definitely recommended.

Officiant- Erin Goodman
- Erin was such an amazing person to have be a part of our day. She is a little pricy, but absolutely worth it. She is an interfaith minister, and we wanted a competely secular ceremony. She completely understood that and was open to suggestions we had, she offered us a lot of suggestions for vows and ring vows and she was patient with us towards the end when we got really busy and there was some time in between us responding to her.

The ceremony was SO PERSONAL. I absolutely loved it, and guests came up to us and commented on that also. She is so down to earth and just AWESOME, I am so glad we decided on having Erin be there. SO WORTH IT!
Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
"Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"

Re: Vendor Reviews! Part 1

• Glad you had such a nice day! I still have to do my reviews from August. But just wanted to say I used Moondance also for DJ but Alan's wife Sue was ours. She kept the dance floor packed all night and there prices are awesome. But anyways my point was I got the recommendation for them from our neighbor/family friend that was married at Kinney Bungalow a few years ago. I loved that venue but sadly it was not big enough for the list (200) we had to invite. Didnt mean to hijack your reviews. Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats and thanks for the reviews!  I'm getting married at Kinney Bungalow next September, so it's nice to see a review of the venue and a hotel in the area. 
  • glad to hear about your experiance with Moondance.  I have booked them for my wedding next June and cannot wait.  I have been to weddings before that they have done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards