Rhode Island

Day-of Coordinator

I know there have been posts about this, but I can't find them after searching, so I'm asking again...

I am contemplating hiring a day-of coordinator for my wedding day.  Has anyone used someone they were very happy with?  For those that did use the service, was it worth it?  Can anyone give me a ballpark price for what this costs?  TIA!
Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
Moving right to IVF with ICSI
ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
It's a boy!
PAIF/SAIF welcome!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Blog: Project Make a Baby
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Day-of Coordinator

• edited December 2011
    I used Gracie Lou Events and I loooooooooooooooooved them. They set-up everything perfectly, took over when some things went wrong (like with my DJ) and even sewed my gown since the bustle kept breaking. I was thrilled with Adrienne and Liz and urge you to meet with them.

Prices vary for what you get, but I must say that they were worth their weight in gold.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Below is my WeddingWire review of Andria Medeiros and Infinite Events. Highly recommended! She has various packages and an "a la carte" menu of services. I paid less than $700 for all-day services, but I booked a while ago and her prices may have changed. Plus I got a discount for booking her at a  bridal show.

If there is one thing I recommend to brides is to hire a day-of coordinator. Our wedding would have had a very different feel if we hadn’t hired Andria Medeiros. She did all of our setup, transformed the ceremony space into a dance space, ran the show that night in coordination with our caterer and DJ and, when it was all over, packed everything up in boxes she had labeled for us. We didn’t have a ton of interaction beforehand, but we met the week before the wedding and everything ran smoothly at rehearsal (she even brought my dress to the hotel so it wouldn’t have to sit in a car during the rehearsal dinner) and during the wedding. She was everywhere and on top of everything. I was sitting with some friends in the tent when I saw her come out to talk to my husband and I said to my friend, “It must be 8:45! Time for our last dances!” and I was right; she was on top of the schedule from start to finish. I recommend her very highly.

When you think of all of the money you are spending on a wedding, directing a small percentage to a DOC is a no-brainer. When my mother-in-law offered to help clean up, Andria insisted she go enjoy the party. Our families were very impressed and, most important to us, they got to sit back and enjoy the party instead of running around setting things up or breaking down chairs after the ceremony. Ours was a wedding on a serious budget, so I considered this a bit of an extravagance, but in actuality it was a necessity for us to have the kind of day we had.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the post KB_RI

I booked Andria and am very excited to work with her. :)

• edited December 2011
    I hired Jaime Nelson from Eventfully Planned a few weeks ago.  She has several different pricing options that fall under day of coordination. Once I hired her, she has also been invaluable so far with advice and answering questions.  Her website is www.eventfullyplanned.com  Good luck!
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Gracie Lou Events! They have gone above and beyond their role as my DOC by offering their expert advice for my endless questions, giving me referrals for vendors and checking in on me throughout the planning process. They even worked with my modest budget which is great because I did not originally budget for a DOC.  The fact that I get two planners is also great because we are having two weddings (Cambodian-Chinese & Western wedding) in one day - and frankly I need all the help I can get!

Prices for DOC vary from $700-$1500 (my highest quote)

www.gracielouevents.com

Also check them on Facebook!

• jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback ladies!  I have contacted several DOCs and will be meeting with them in the coming weeks.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know its a little late but I wanted to add Jessica Castiglia who was just amazing. I had to argue with my FI to hire a DOC as we were on a bit of a budget.  However the day before  he literally leaned over and whispered right in front of her "we need to give her more money."  She was worth every penny and more and made a huge difference in the stress level.  It was like waving a magic Jessica wand and making everyone clam and happy.  Her price range was very reasonable, I believe around $600.
    http://www.jessicacevents.com/Home.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards