Rhode Island

Rain Plan?

HI Ladies,
I am sure my photog will have ideas on this but I am getting married (in 112 days! ahhh!) at CTK over by URI. September 14th.
Now, classes will be in session and this is Friday -
As of now, I have planned to take photos at the gardens on campus - not sure how many of you are familiar with URI -
but I was just thinking - Rain Plan?! what do you do? Did you all have/do have a rain plan? Our reception is at ABC - so again, if rain, no beach shots.
Ideas?? from those who know the campus? I was thinking about ducking in some classroom buildings - but again with classes in session - would that be totally weird?
We did meet at URI (hence the screen name) :) so that might work but I don't know...
thanks!!!

Re: Rain Plan?

• i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment

I'm not sure how this would work, since its a friday and class is in session. But i think you could get some really cool shots in teh uri library, or inside ballentine, in that main entry way with the floor to ceiling windows- that has a very modern feel.
    It might be strange though, scine class will be in session- but if you can catch ballentine in between classes it could work

You could also call the U-Club and ask if you can go in there for rain photos. there isn't much there because it is just two open rooms kand kind of a main area, but I am sure it would be fine for some formals-  a plain backdrop

My other thought is the lobby in the fine arts building?

Or...a cute umbrella

but you don't have to worry, it won't rain on your day :)

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • 2012- I forgot you went to URI too - I should have just sent you a PM!

Maybe I just have rain in my mind bc one of FI's friends is getting married in NJ today and it's like thunderstorming there :(

I really like the ballentine idea -
    fine arts is so crappy - but thanks for the idea haha
    library might be tough as I think there is detectors to go through? I don't want to mess around with that...
    UCLUB is a good idea too...

thanks for the input! I really hope it doesn't rain...

you are coming up quick too huh?! august?
  • i2012doi2012do member
    Yup it's so quick. We don't really have a rain plain either but figured if we needed to we can take some photos of the wedding party INSIDE the south ferry church like I tought it would be cute to have the wedding party randomly sitting in the pews. and with umbrellas. outside... and then probbaly just either back at the hotel against a plain backdrop-- or inside the lobby of the towers and using the staircases int eh towers that are usually off limits- th eback stairs.

Also, I am sure you can do some at ABC like on that deck in the back- because Isn't that covered?

I thought I remembered the fine arts building being nice and tall ceilding i the entry way but I think I went in that building like once, and that was like 8 years ago!

Some of the buildings that might have classes in session that aren't so busy are like East Halll and the one at hte top of the quad, or even in Edwards. I know there is just the stage there, but right when you walk in to the right there is a staircase that's really wide. so some people could stand on it for photos.
  • i2012doi2012do member
    I know it poured for my cousins wedding last year-- os bad and it was SO humid but at one point it stopped raining and they were posing on a dock and far in the distance was this awesome rainbow and the sun had peaked out- it made for some awesome photos!
  • Maybe you could go scout some inside locations before your wedding?  Once classes are in session again, the educational buildings should all be unlocked during the day.  You might need to know someone to pull this off, but I remember a common room with couches and maybe a fireplace in the Internaltion Engineering House (on Upper College Road) - that might not be a bad place for pictures.  I don't think you can just walk in since it's a residential building... The building with the academic advisors (blanking on name, it was between the union and the library) has nice room on the first floor as I recall.
  • I have no grand ideas for you but we had a random downpour on our wedding day last July.  We had taken some pictures outside of church at PC and the threat of a storm was definitely there.  By the time we were back on the bus to head down to our house in Warwick for pictures it was full on pouring!  Sheets of rain were coming down and I was so disppointed because we weren't going to be able to take pictures with our dog and in our backyard as planned.  However, by the time we got down here the rain had pretty much stopped and everything was just really wet.  We decided to go for it anyway and I just held my dress up to keep it from dragging in the wet grass.  It actually made for some adorable pictures.  We also had a little more drizzle taking pictures outside the Biltmore before the reception, but overall it worked out fine.  I guess the point of this rambling is, even if there is some rain, don't completely rule out outside pics...you may still get the chance to do some!  Good luck!
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards