Rhode Island

Wishing Well alterations

Hello,

I ordered my dress from Wishing Well Bridal in East Providence and it just came in.  In fact, I just tried it on for the first time yesterday!  I was just wondering if any of you have had your alterations done there and if so who did them.  Were you happy with the results?

Thanks,
Megan

Re: Wishing Well alterations

• edited December 2011
    I am having my alterations done at Wishing Well by Elena.  I am not impressed, not by the quality of her work, but by the customer service.  Apparently, Elena, who is very nice and professional, only is able to work from 7-8pm, so she is ALWAYS swamped.  I made an appt. with her, but had to wait 45 mins TWICE for my first two fittings.  I asked her if there was another time we could meet when it was less busy, and she said I could go to her home, which is what I plan on doing. 
    Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I just had a first fitting at the wishsing well last night. I had a 6:30 appointment and I don't think I got into my dress until at least 7. It was crazy busy with prom girls. They have a prom this Friday and they're shopping now!!! The seamstress was very appologetic. When it was my turn she took plenty of time and made sure it was all perfect, so it was worth waiting.
  • caralinda1985caralinda1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from the Wishing Well and have had my first fitting. 

I've dealt with Phyllis all the time.  She's great!  Can't say enough about her.

I haven't seen the finished product but she did do alterations on my sister's dress which she didn't purchase at the Wishing Well at her home and she did a great job! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Also, on a side note, when I went to Phyllis' house she had loads and loads of dresses.  Every single dress that's bought at the Wishing Well and altered there ends up at her house.  She's got a seamstress shop in her basement. 

If you go in and you wait a little longer just try and be patient.  With prom season I can just imagine she's going crazy right now. 

I know that her sister helps her too, but it's crazy how many dresses she has to do alterations on. 

• edited December 2011
    I am having Phylis do my alterations. It was very busy when I went in for my first fitting. She only hemmed my dress, because I am trying to lose more weight. She takes her time and makes sure everything is fine. Had me walk around to make sure the dress wasn't to long. I think you will be happy with her.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Wishing Well but took it over to Sewing Creations by Rose for alterations.  Rose gets tons of raves on here.  I started my fittings ~3 weeks before my wedding and my dress was perfect.  The price was good too!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Phyllis keeps the dresses in her basement? Wow, if I were doing my alterations there, I would be EXTREMELY concerned if my dress was left in the basement of someone's house, especially with all the flooding we recently had. I'm shocked. What if her home received damage including your dress, what happens then? I bought my dress from Wishing Well and have had mixed experiences there. Love Pam! It was great when I worked with her. I took my dress home right away so I knew where it was being stored. But I've read reviews (weddingwire.com) that have provided mixed reviews of the alterations there. If you have major alterations to do there, you might want to be careful. Although I haven't heard any complaints from my friend who is getting married next weekend.
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She does have a finished basement, it's not like it's a creepy basement and she just stores them there.  She coverted it to her own little sewing shop.  I wouldn't worry about it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, but still, again, what happens if her home is flooded, has a fire in her home, or the dresses become damaged in some way? Heaven forbid if any of this happened. Will Wishing Well proceed to cover these damages? One would hope yes but I wonder what the real terms and conditions are. Just something to think about, and who knows maybe most seamstresses do this but I'd be curious to know the policies if I were the bride leaving my expensive dress in the hands of another. Food for thought.
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards