Rhode Island

RI Wedding Venues

We are getting married on October 5, 2013 and I have been searching for a reasonably priced wedding venue for a couple weeks.  I am having some trouble with some of the places that I thought were good prices for the food but when I called, I found out that they have a minimum amount you had to spend on food and most were outrageous.  I love Alpine Country Club but they have a $9,250 minimum that you have spend on food.  We are only having 100 people at our wedding so that is a lot of money for a smaller wedding.  Does anyone have any suggestions for venues that are reasonable but still nice?  Help!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: RI Wedding Venues

• What style are you going for? Do you definitely want a country club?
  • I am open to anything, really the only reason I have been looking at country clubs is because I have gotten advice on venues from friends and it always seems to be country clubs. 

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • I'm sure you will receive lots of suggestions from the girls on this board...any area of the state you want to stay in?  or away from?  What do you consider reasonable cost per person or your total budget? 

These type of answers will help us narrow it down, with a smaller wedding it is easier to find some great places.  That is the Saturday of Columbus day weekend which will be popular and harder to bargian with vendors over. 
  • I'm pretty easy with location as well.  We haven't really narrowed down any cities where we would like to have it.  I think we would like to try and stay away from Providence but other than that, I don't really have any preference.

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards