Rhode Island

do we really love the wedding colors??? hmmm.

I am wondering if we are the only ones still hung up on this.. we had originally picked our colors which are great, obviously we both like them, but for some reason in the back of my mind i kept thinking they are great but are they great for us.. So recently after taking a few weeks off of wedding related stuff we sat and discussed what i take responsibility as "my dilemma".. I dont think i love our colors ... Undecided our colors sort of dictate a certain style that yes i like alot but i dont know i am not able to commit to.. we have literally done everything from finding caterer, photographer, officiant, DJ, our ceremony and reception site, my dress (which is also up for question).. blah blah blah but now that i am in the bridesmaid dress hunt i am really feeling uncertain.. To note -- i can be known to be indecisive on things from time to time because i am not confident in decision making that results in visual reminders.. guess im looking for some advice if anyone felt this way at any point? thanks in advance

Re: do we really love the wedding colors??? hmmm.

• I think there is always a point where you second guess yourself. If you loved them before, there must've been a reason! =)

I second guessed my colors and dress as well. I went to try on another dress and hated it - I realized how much I actually did love my dress.

I am still uncertain of the shade of pink I am going with to compliment navy. If you loved them before, I am sure you still do. Are there other colors catching your eye or you are just having doubts because the decision is made?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • there are other colors... FI doesnt really weigh in much on this subject but my favorite color is yellow and i like both the pale and bright shades.. in the already chosen colors we were thinking of doing pale yellow, peach, coral, orange type of hues (romantic, delicate) but on the other end i love bright lemon yellow with blues, greens, or even reds.. funky and fun.. its a toss up ahhhh.

thank you for the words though-- it is relieving hearing that soemone else has also second guess this.. maybe i need to print out inspiration boards for both and put them side by side and show FI. i agree that if we loved them before that means something-- just to figure out what haha
  • I don't know that I agree about loving them initially for some reason. It's not that you don't love your original colors but rather that you might love something else more. This, for me, was the hardest thing about planning the wedding. You can go so many different directions and there are just too many choices and you only get to plan one wedding (Hopefully!).
    I think it would really help to make two inspiration boards because picking your colors is really about the direction you want to take your wedding: what feel do you want it to have? what style defines you as a couple? and which colors suit you best AND the season?

Sparkellyy did have a point about trying on a different dress, though. Try out some different colors so that you can feel really good about the ones you make your own.
  • I'm just starting to plan but I'm bordering on obsessed with colors!  Coral & grey... champagne and brown... plum and black.  Ah!  Too many choices!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't get too stressed out about it - think back to why you chose the colors in the first place. I'm sure you had a good reason. 
    But I absolutely understand such anxieties. Be fair to yourself, maybe you need to sit down and decide if you are really being yourself with this. Don't worry about pleasing other people or having that "wedding to remember". The most important thing is that you remember it, and when you look back at your photos you really see yourselves in your wedding. If that means changing up the style a bit - well changing her mind is a woman's prerogative! :) 

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards