Rhode Island

MOB Dresses?

My mom is very particular about dresses.  She hates her upper arms and refuses to have them out, even in the high heat of the summer.  She's looking for a gown that either has sleeves or a nice looking jacket (preferably not a bolero) Any one have suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: MOB Dresses?

• edited December 2011

My mom is the exact same way and she just ordered her dress on Saturday.  She got it at Sassy & Classy on Main St in East Greenwich.  It's a small store on the opposite side of the road as East Greenwich Bridals. They have quite a few gowns though.  She tried on many  with jackets and was able to find a couple that were in the running.   The lady who helped us, I believe she was the owner, was very helpful and was able to get us exactly what we were looking for.  I definitely recommend them. HTH!

• edited December 2011
     My mom and I also went to Sassy and Classy and yes the owner is very nice and helpful. She also needed help covering up her arms. We ended up getting her dress at the Wishing Well in East Providence. They also had a great selection. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    My mother is looking at Nordstroms, though she isn't into sleeves. Botticelli's has a nice selection of MOB dresses with jackets/sleeves. It's in North Providence.
  • edited December 2011
    My Mom is the same way and she was having a hard time finding somthing that she liked.  We went to David's Bridal this past weekend and they had quite a few dresses with sleeves or jackets.  She ended up getting a dress that she absolutely loves and the price was great too.
  • edited December 2011
    Is your wedding in the summer? She may be hot with sleeves or a jacket. Have you suggested to her like a sheer chifon kind of sleeve, or a lace sleeve. This way she feels covered but is'nt to hot.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards