Rhode Island
Options

Slater Mill

I'm newly engaged and I'm going to attempt to plan a RI wedding while living in Florida.  I'm looking for a rustic venue that will accommodate around 100 people.  I've looked at some other posts about Slater Mill so I'm curious to know if anyone has had their wedding or has been to a wedding there.  The idea of possibly catering it myself appeals to me as my fiance is a chef and is very picky about food.  If anyone knows of any similar venues in the area, I would appreciate any help!  Thanks!

Re: Slater Mill

• Options
    I have not been to a wedding at Slater mill but there are a few other more industrial looking spaces in Pawtucket. One is at the Hope Artiste village - they actually have 2 spaces. I did attend a wedding in the larger space in April and it was very nice, fairly informal though. Also the Pawtucket armory has some cool historic traits, also a but more on the informal side.
  • Options
    Slater MIll is a nice space. There is an outdoor patio area and an indoor area that is very charming, We almost booked it but the space ended up being too small. The only other downfall is that the ceiling is really low. It's really not a big deal, but I was really thrown by the lack of height. 

Hope artist village in Pawtucket is a larger space, and it really quite beautiful but the area is pretty questionable. We looked at that too and were fearfull of our guests' safty. (My family grew up in an area where you leave your home unlocked nevermind hide your GPS in the car).

Are you looking for a funky mills space in particular? Are you just looking in RI, or open to MA and Boston as well? 

• Options
    Thanks for the info!  I'm looking for something rustic.  I'm not sure if Slater Mill would be my best choice because I'm going to be planning the wedding from a different state and I think that I may drive myself crazy having to coordinate all that would be involved with that space.  I am looking at the Salem Cross Inn because of its 'rustic-ness.'  We will be having a lot of out of town guests and there's a cute motel nearby which is something else that we're looking for.
  • Options
    Oh! That's a terrific choice and so well priced. I grew up a town over from it and now reside in RI. It certainly has more of a rustic feel than the mill. If you are looking in that area the Public House in Sturbridge is very simmilar but my be worth checking out. ( I prefer salem cross myself). Near hotels and right off the Mass Pike. 
  • Options
    I love the Public House too!  I just like the idea of all of the guests being able to stay so close to the venue.  I'm dying to get up north to visit places!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_slater-mill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:e1b71427-6de0-4d7e-8e88-9db0ca74e3d9Post:b7fcba67-5901-403a-83e5-a50192648892">Re: Slater Mill</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh! That's a terrific choice and so well priced. I grew up a town over from it and now reside in RI. It certainly has more of a rustic feel than the mill. If you are looking in that area the Public House in Sturbridge is very simmilar but my be worth checking out. ( I prefer salem cross myself). Near hotels and right off the Mass Pike. 
    Posted by hgumula[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I belive the Public House has various inn/motel & hotel accommodations on their site! (nice to have options for price ranges)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards