Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Mother walking me down the aisle?

I am having a catholic ceremony and my father passed away a few years ago so my mom was going to walk me down. I am concerned because she cried hysterically at everything and then I will start crying...I just want to be happy and excited to get to my fiancee. My mother was a MOH in a wedding last week and she was crying walking down the aisle in that so it made me question if I should walk alone. Can anyone think of a suggestion to make her not cry as we walk down or what I should do? 

Re: Mother walking me down the aisle?

• Try to talk to her about how you are feeling and prepare her as much as you can.  My mother has been listening to my wedding song over and over so that she doesn't go into hysterics when I dance with my FI.  I think the best thing you can do is talk to her about it and go from there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Mother walking me down the aisle?:
    I agree with the previous poster. Just try to talk to her as much as possible. Have a cry sesh earlier in the day, if you can. Or let her cry it out during the rehersal. Just tell her exactly what you said here. I want my mother to walk me down the aisle as well. Fortunatley, she's not too much of a crier Laughing

• In Response to Mother walking me down the aisle?:
    I agree with the previous poster. Just try to talk to her as much as possible. Have a cry sesh earlier in the day, if you can. Or let her cry it out during the rehersal. Just tell her exactly what you said here. I want my mother to walk me down the aisle as well. Fortunatley, she's not too much of a crier Laughing

• I agree, you should talk to her about and maybe she will be able to contain it until she gives you away. My mom will be walking me down the aisle too.

Good luck!
  • Maybe you could rehearse that part of the ceremony with her a few extra times so she can get used to the idea. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards