Rhode Island

Hair and Makeup

I am also looking for recommendations on a good hair/makeup salon in the Portsmouth/Newport RI area for my wedding next June... any advice would be great! Thanks!

Re: Hair and Makeup

• courtchacecourtchace member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Im using Sara Faella for me and her glam squad for my girls, for both hair and makeup. I havent had my trial yet as my wedding is not until next September but she came highly recommended and her photos on facebook speak for themselves. She does airbrush which is another reason I booked her. I know several other girls on here have used her or are using her as well. Shes based out of Westerly and Providence but they travel to you on the wedding day which is nice.

• edited December 2011
    I go to RaNew Salon in Newport - really great and fun gals! Some of them will even travel to you on the day of if you wish. My stylist is, as I've been going to her for 8 years and we're friends now, too. Their prices are reasonable, too.
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • pruemunropruemunro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote here for Sara :)  We used Sara and her Glam Squad last week for our wedding in Newport and they are WONDERFUL!!  I had 2 trials with Sara and after my first one I didn't bother looking anywhere else.

Sara is beautiful, fun, energetic and loves what she does.  She'll work with you until you are 100% happy and every one of our girls loved her and her team.

I haven't written my Knot reviews yet but saw this post and wanted to jump in :)

The airbrush makeup stayed on all days and you notice a huge difference in photos, the airbrushing made my skin looked flawless! If I only I was that lucky on a daily basis :)
    ?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?
  • edited December 2011
    I would really highly recommend Kristin Greene for makeup. She is, apparently, incorporating hair into her services as well. She's super fun, organized, and does an amazing job with makeup.

I would also recommend Sam C. She's very affordable and did an amazing job with our hair. I was so please with how everyone's hair looked and how well it stayed in all night.
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Sara Faella and her glam squad and Sam C for big day. They are the absolute best! Sara has also worked with Sam before so they work great together.
  • blondy1knkblondy1knk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend jennie Kay, i getting next summer.  She been doing my hair for years.  You could go to her facebook page to see some of her work.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards