Rhode Island

XP: Rate our cocktail reception menu!

Hey ladies,
So, I am wondering if you guys could help me out and give your opinions on our menu. I am really excited, but I want to make sure there's enough food for all the heaver drinkers coming (there will be a 4 hour open bar)!
For our cocktail reception:
Vegetable/fruit display4 passed hors d'oeuvres
Station 1: Soup- Tomato Bisque with grilled cheese on top- Cream of broccoli with monterey jack cheese
Station 2: Kabob- Grilled beef tip- Portabella mushroom- Onion and red pepper- Grilled sweet & sour chicken and pineapple
Station 3: Potato and vegetable- Red bliss & yukon gold- Green beans (should I add more veggies here?)- Toppings: Sour cream, chives, butter, bacon pieces and sliced olives
Station 4: Sliders- Turkey and veggie
Dessert:- Ice cream sundae bar- Cupcakes!
Thank you so much for looking!
Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
"Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"

Re: XP: Rate our cocktail reception menu!

• edited December 2011
    Wow, I think that sounds delicious!  I love that you are having a soup station.  I am a soup fanatic!  I think it's a nice variety and a lot of food.  I wouldn't worry about adding more veggies to the potato bar since there are some over with the beef and chicken and you have a good amount of vegetarian selections.  Yum!  Where are you getting married btw?
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much chrispy! We are getting married at Kinney Bungalow (Sunset Farm) in Narragansett 9/28/12. :)

Hmm, I just noticed there is nothing with fish on the menu. Should I think about replacing the broccoli soup for clam chowder (new england and/or red)?

Edited to add.
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had NE clam chowder with oyster crackers as part of our cocktail hour offerings and it was a huge hit. I can't eat dairy so I didn't get any, but people loved it and still talk about it almost nine months later!

Do you have an vegans or people with food allergies coming? This might not matter for your crowd at all, but with the dairy thing and the fact I can't eat any red meat, it's a habit now to read every menu as "OK, what could I eat here?" Haha. Just a thought for you as you plan. It all sounds delicious, though.

Love Kinney; that was our No. 2 choice! :-)
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tracym77tracym77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds delicious!  I love the idea of tomato soup w/grilled cheese. Yum! 
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'd go for the chowder! 
    Married 9.4.11
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP's and would go with the chowder. Esp being an RI wedding.

I think there is plenty to eat. I think you have a lot of veggies for the vegetarians and the potato bar and soups--b ut aybe not anything super substaintial.

I am just thinking if i was a vegetarian I would have to eat, green beans, potatoes, portabella mushroom- etc and not anything really a meal, mostly sides.

Is there a way you can do a portobella slider- or perhaps a fish slider?

Maybe you don't have a lot of vegetarians. I have 2 vegans and about 10 vegets. coming to my wedding so I'm just conscious of it.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • EyejewelEyejewel member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love Kinney bungalow that was in my top choice but i had too many people!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    KB- We do have one vegan coming, and possibly a couple of vegetarians (I was veggie until a few months ago, actually). I definitely like the NE chowder idea, I was considering that after I posted. That's great it was such a hit! 

i2012do- I see what you're saying with the possible vegetarians/vegan coming. I do have in there a veggie slider- do you think that's enough, do would you change it to portabella?

Thanks so much girls!
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I was totally having an "off day" yesterday and didin't read the slider thing right
    I tought it was a turkey slider with veggies on it
    not like a "turkey slider" and a "veggie slider"

ya than i think that's totally fine the way it is!
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you i2012do! No need to be sorry. =)
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards