Rhode Island

Need help with dressing the guys!!!

I'm having a hard time deciding on what I would like the guys to wear. We are having a nautical theme type wedding and need some help and/or ideas! We are getting married next May at OceanCliff and my dress is ivory and my girls are wearing navy dresses but I don't know what to do with the guys. My fiance would like to wear a navy colored suit. At first I was thinking about putting the guys in a tan shade suit or, the tan pants with a navy jacket. My main concern is if they were to wear the typical nautical look/feel with the tan pants and navy jacket and then with my fiance in a navy suit and the girls in navy dresses is that too much? I don't know what to do, HELP!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need help with dressing the guys!!!

• musictchr25musictchr25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the tan pants, navy jacket idea for the GM. For your FI, what about going with a tan suit? It would look great in pictures next to you in your dress.  Very fresh looking with the lighter colors, vs. a darker colored suit.  Especially if you accented with a navy tie.
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • jmorta04jmorta04 member
    edited December 2011
    My girls also wore navy and my H and his GM wore navy suits that they purchased.  I'd be happy to send you some pictures if you would like to see how it looked.  I think it looked great together (I'm obviously biased though!) :)
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jamlyn02jamlyn02 member
    edited December 2011
    musictchr25 - I asked him about doing a tan suit when we first stated talking about what they will wear and he was against it, I'll have to try again. I like that look a lot especially with boat shoes.

jmorta04 - if you could send me some pictures on how it looked that would be awesome! You can email them to me @ jconnolly02@gmail.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Jamlyn,

We had a nautical-ish wedding as well with bm's in navy, groomsmen in tan pants w/navy blazers, and my husband wore an awesome tan (kind of like seersucker but not really) suit.  My dad wore a similar outfit to the gm's, with navy blazer and a grey seersucker type pant, the grey also worked really well.

I originally was not going to go for the tan pants/navy jacket, but some of our groomsmen really wanted it and didn't want to be in suits.

I don't think it would be too much if he really wants to go with a navy suit.  it's really helpful to visualize the wedding party - i had to make a mock-up with images of everyone's outfit clipped from online (so helpful!) because i was convinced it would be too much if our flowergirls also wore navy, but it really surprised me and was not!

imo, i really liked the idea of both me and my husband standing out that day - made him feel special, too, so might be neat to have him in a suit and the guys in the pant/jacket. 

will send pics if interested (when we get them!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What if you had all the groomsmen wear the tan suits (with navy ties or suspenders) and your fiance could wear the tan pants and navy jacket, kinda tying the bridal party together? Or him in all navy would be good too with the GM in tan.
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My groom and his groomsmen donned navy suits - although they looked almost black and wore custom ties which doubled as an extra gift. You could spice things up by doing that too. Otherwise the tan pants with navy jacket is also a nice combo. 

• cozyczcozycz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at OceanCliff with a nautical/coastal elegance theme and I had my brides in navy dresses (with fushcia shoes) and I put my guys in just black tuxes with a black tie. I also considered doing navy and fushcia ties to mix it up a bit, but ended up sticking with just black. I'd be happy to send you photos if you'd like!
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • jamlyn02jamlyn02 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for the help! It's greatly appreciated and I have a lot of deciding to do! There are too many options!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards