South Carolina

5,000 SOUTH CAROLINA WEDDING BRIDE AND GROOM IN OHIO IS IT POSSIBLE

I need some major help. we would like to plan our wedding in south carolina as close to the beach as possible with a budget of 5,000.00. Along with the limited budget there is another dilema, it his 3rd and my first wedding. He doesnt have any fam coming besides his mother and his best man will likely be his son and the other groomsman my best male friend. I need help with venue on a budget for a wedding of 50-60 people and wedding ideas that wont make it seem  ackward that only my fam and friends are present at our wedding.

Re: 5,000 SOUTH CAROLINA WEDDING BRIDE AND GROOM IN OHIO IS IT POSSIBLE

• edited August 2012
    I need some major help. we would like to plan our wedding in south carolina as close to the beach as possible with a budget of 5,000.00. Along with the limited budget there is another dilema, it his 3rd and my first wedding. He doesnt have any fam coming besides his mother and his best man will likely be his son and the other groomsman my best male friend. I need help with venue on a budget for a wedding of 50-60 people and wedding ideas that wont make it seem  ackward that only my fam and friends are present at our wedding.
  • ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2012
    Please don't yell.  And check your local board, this one is international.

• I originally was looking to have my wedding in SC, but decided not to. Not sure where in SC you are looking, there are a few reasonable places in the Horry/Georgetown area.  Also check in with the local tourism/visitors bureau; they may be able to point you in the right direction.  
    Since you are looking to have something smaller, you may be able to have it at one of the restaurants on the water.  You might also want look into restaurants in the Wilmington, NC area.  Someone I know from college got married at Wrightsville Beach and it was beautiful.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_5000-south-carolina-wedding-bride-and-groom-in-ohio-is-it-possible?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:123Discussion:07a16727-24df-437a-a6c3-cbe734b4d029Post:fc930364-169e-4912-ba37-974eb4536fc2">Re: 5,000 SOUTH CAROLINA WEDDING BRIDE AND GROOM IN OHIO IS IT POSSIBLE</a>:
    [QUOTE]I originally was looking to have my wedding in SC, but decided not to. Not sure where in SC you are looking, there are a few reasonable places in the Horry/Georgetown area.  Also check in with the local tourism/visitors bureau; they may be able to point you in the right direction.   Since you are looking to have something smaller, you may be able to have it at one of the restaurants on the water.  You might also want look into restaurants in the Wilmington, NC area.  Someone I know from college got married at Wrightsville Beach and it was beautiful.  
    Posted by silver0319[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!
  • It's possible!!!! We are getting married at Wide Awake Park in Hollywood SC, just south of Charleston.  8 acre park with barn (just in case it rains!) is $600 for the whole day.  Plus you can reserve tables ($8 each) and chairs ($1each) from them (though they are not the best looking chairs FYI).  We ended up renting benches for the ceremony bc they looked nicer!  We went with Jim n Nicks BBQ to cater pulled pork/chicken, salad, cheese biscuits and the fixins'.  For 100 ppl including planned tip, it'll be under 2k.  We have bought earthen plates and eco-cups instead of dinnerware rentals...being at the park, it helped to with the rustic picnic theme.   Hired Pete Jock as a guitarist for the ceremony and reception.  You will need a day of coordinator (Simply Weddings).  Don't forget to ask for friends help!  My friend is DJing the latter potion of the night and another is our photographer.  Our budget is 10k, and we have added alot of extras like a rental house for a week, photobooth and a barista, but we are having it for 100 ppl!!  So you can do it...keep it simple... keep it you!  Doesn't have to be this elaborate showing.... just a celebration with you, your hubby, and your closetest!  Honestly it doesn't get anymore southern low country than our wedding will be!!! lol Good Luck

• Hi bride to be and congratulations:

There are many venues in Horry County that could meet your needs.  If you are still seeking a photographer for your event and decide to have it in the horry county area I offer photography services.   

I am extremely reasonable and offer quality work and products.  I am also extremely flexible for brides on a budget and am willing to customize packagesfor every bride's budget and circumstances.  

My event packages begin at $300.00, but as I said I can adjust that to meet the needs of any bride.  I am in the process of editing some wedding photos right now and should have them on my site within the next few weeks for viewing, but have many other photos to display my work.  

I also provide additional services such as on site hair and make-up, wedding planning, day of wedding coordination and custom designed bouquets, centerpieces, jewelry, accessories, veils, bridal party gifts,favors, decorations and more.  

Weddings are an extremely special event and should be remembered and cherished forever.  I make it my business to ensure every bride is given products and services that she will cherish and remember for a lifetime.  

I hope this helps you and if you are looking for any other vendors in the area being in the wedding circuit I may be able to give you some suggestions to assist you in your planning.  Just shoot me an e-mail and I will try to assist you as best I can.  

Congratulations again Bride to Be and I hope to hear from you soon!  

Phone:843-855-7159

E-mail: Kim_Roberts86@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards