South Carolina

Westin Hilton Head

Does anyone know anything about holding a wedding at the Westin Resort?  I am trying to plan our wedding from NY, NY and have been looking at different venues (without actually going to Hilton Head) and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Westin?  Looking for an honest opinion.  Thank you for your help.

Re: Westin Hilton Head

• edited December 2011
    I'm a fellow NYC bride considering the Westin Hilton Head (or any other HH resorts for that matter) I'd love to hear everyone's feed back too!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • H&NH&N
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Westin is very nice.  I am currently planning my Hilton Head wedding from Ohio.  My fiance and I went down in April to check out all of the venues.  The Westin would have been our choice if we didn't find Port Royal Clubhouse.  We fell in love with the beautiful club house.  We are still trying to decide if we want to get married on the putting green or their beach access.  They have great food choices for the best price of all the places we visited. Plus, Jen, the wedding coordinator was wonderful at Port Royal.  The Westin is very pretty and has lots of options for you to have the ceremony and reception. I was just worried about if it rained, I want a good back up if we can't have it outdoors.Good Luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Hilton Head at Palmetto Dunes in a little over 2 weeks. I only toured Palmetto Dunes and just fell in love with it. I did correspond with people from the Westin, Marriott, Sea Pines, and Hilton. We found Palmetto Dunes to be the most affordable. Some of the hotels had pretty steep minimums. The island is beautiful and honestly I doubt you could make a bad choice. If you have any questions about anything let me know.
  • edited December 2011
    The Westin was very nice and i heard great things. We actually decided to go with the Hilton Oceanfront Resort, as we are on a budget and the beach ceremony was included. Very nice Resort we are visiting at the end of next month and cannot wait to see it in person.
  • elyndenelynden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much everyone for your feedback.  I have been corresponding with The Westin and Sea Pines.  Have any of you heard anything about Sea Pines?  I am trying to make a final decision from NY and I am feeling so torn. It's such a toss up especially when you are basing your decision on pictures alone.  Any other helpful tips or information would be much appreciated.  Thank you again.
  • edited December 2011
    H&N-I actually looked at the PR Club House and it's really pretty-I've been in touch with their coordinator and she's been giving me really great information!  Could you tell me which resort have you picked for your guests to stay at?  I think if I went with Port Royal I would pick either the Westin or Marriot.  Thanks!   BBatts-I also looked at the Hilton-Could you tell me which day of the week you’re getting married and when your guests are arriving??  Hilton told me they had a $18K minimum for Saturday events-not in my budget…I would do a Sunday; but then my guests would have to take Monday off from work.  I figured if we did a Saturday wedding they could arrive Friday and leave Sunday (for those that didn’t want to take too much time off from work).  I don’t want to force people to have to take off Monday too. Thanks!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards