South Carolina

***Southernprincessblur19***

Hiiiii! You're probably going to be horribly annoyed by me soon! I'm from Ohio and having my wedding in North Myrtle beach (beach cove resort!) and I'm just curious about vendors you're using there. Photographers (I think I've picked one but still) Florists, DJs or musicians, and the bakery you are using. I've found tons of information on the internet but I can't get down to myrtle for a few months, so I'm having to put 300 down on a photographer I can't even meet until then. It's a bit nerve wracking. (using tillman branch)Also, I'm calling the city of North Myrtle tomorrow but as far as you know, am I allowed chairs and vendors on the beach? We originally wanted our wedding infront of the resort we're having our reception at to make things easier, but after the beach snag post I went and got information about reserving a date in Huntington Beach State Park.anyway, any bit of information you can give me would be so helpful!!

Re: ***Southernprincessblur19***

• edited December 2011
    No problem! I will be using Cactus Sands Florist, they gave me the best deal for what I needed. I will be using my FSIL Amanda Richelle Photography for our photographer she is flying in from WA to do our wedding she travels nationwide though. If she isn't avaliable, I highly reccommend Gene Ho and Carmen Ash for photographers here. Scott Shaw is an awesome DJ and FI and I used to do karaoke with him all the time, he's a really nice guy. As far as bakeries I haven't exactly nailed that down. I am between Cakes by the Sea and Croissants(. As far as I know chairs are allowed on the beach. Try Rent-a-Party for rentals. I will be getting married just a few blocks down at the Barefoot Resort and Golf Oceanfront Cabana so let me know about this. Also who are you using to marry you? I have called a lot of different services....another thing I haven't nailed down. I wouldn't do HBSP a lot of vendors will not work with them b/c of the distance you need to take things there and back and the hours that the park is open.
  • edited December 2011
    Also www.grandstrandbride.com might help you find vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, I've actually asked on of my good friends to become ordained and to marry me b/c I couldn't find anyone that fit the ceremony FI and I are looking for. I'm checking out that website now, It's frustrating b/c the photographer I liked based on the website wanted 50% down. I managed to get here to allow me to do 300 down but it's non-refundable (which is ok for a deposit, but most photographers only exepect 100 or 150 down. 300 is alot to lose!)
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't know that online ordainment was allowed in SC. You may need to check on that too.
  • edited December 2011
    Online ordainment IS allowed in SC! My friend is ordained through the Universal Life Church and she has checked with the state to make sure she's allowed to marry us in Charleston. She is!
  • edited December 2011
    I read a few places that online ordainment ISN'T allowed (since southerprincess mentioned it.)This is frustrating, I'm going to have to call the city tomorrow and see if they know the answer to this.
  • edited December 2011
    Well report back whatever you find please! If I need to make other arrangements I need to know, stat. :-)
  • tcymbor0604tcymbor0604 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! Im from OH too and am getting married the weekend after you on Huntington Beach State Park as well =) Im very new to this website and really dont know how to use it but we should chat. Im going down to SC in october to look for vendors and such. You are allowed to use chairs and arch's on the beach there. here is the link to where im getting my chairs from. its actually very cheap! this other place was wanting me to pay $6 a chair and this place is $1.50 to $3 depending on what chairs you get.  http://www.rent-a-toolonline.com/partyrental.cfm?category2=Tables%20and%20Chairs&showitem=&noshowalso Im going with ryan smith photographer and he is only charging 150 for deposit. but im actually meeting with him before putting my deposit down.  here is his website http://www.myrtlebeachphotography.orgwhere are you staying while down there? this is my biggest problem im running into is finding a big beach house or something to rent for the bridal party & mine and my fiances family to stay in. if you have any advice about this let me know.
  • edited December 2011
    The issue with renting a beach house is that they require a saturday through saturday rental during peak season.I was considering using a beach house for my weding and reception and i could not find a house that would let me rent so that I could have a saturday wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Try this....they have HUGE houses to rent! Also another option for FI and I http://www.ourtriptomyrtlebeach.com/Content/Rentals/QuickSearch/BeachWedding.htm
  • tcymbor0604tcymbor0604 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im having trouble finding someone to marry us... any suggestions??
  • edited December 2011
    Try Rev. Robert - he's very flexible, reasonable and personable. hrobc@aol.com
  • trfrsitrfrsi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Want an airbrush makeup artist and hairstylist too? www.beautymasterybydesign.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards