South Carolina

Wedding Questions North Myrtle Beach Area

I'm an OOT bride and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on hair and make-up in the N. Myrtle Beach Area. I'm getting married at Huntington Beach State Park but am actually staying in Garden City/Surfside area so anywhere in the general area would be fine. Also I'm looking for someone who does Airbrush make-up possibly... Thanks in advance =)Also I am looking for someone to marry me. any suggestions would be very helpfulalso does anyone know a place on the beach that would be fairly cheap to rent for a reception type dinner... I was thinking about having it catered in at our beach house but may change my mind.  I want somewhere that is ocean view!

Re: Wedding Questions North Myrtle Beach Area

• edited December 2011
    North Myrtle Beach(which is a separate city than Myrtle Beach) is a LONG way from where you are getting married. I think you need to look somewhere closer to where you are getting married. Another knottie recommended Stox and Co. which would be closer to your venue. http://www.stoxandco.com/ What kind of food are you wanting?
  • tcymbor0604tcymbor0604 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont know my cities down there... I just looked at my google maps... definitely didn't mean N. Myrtle beach. so far away from where im getting married lol. We'll be staying in Garden city area (I think) we havent booked anything yet. My grandparents live in Pawley's Island so im going down to stay with them next month and hope to get everything figured out. I think I just wanna do like fish, chicken, and maybe a pasta for food. Nothing too fancy but want it to be delish. 
  • edited December 2011
    I really liked the food by Southern Caviar but the owners wife and I just didn't mesh well. Croissants might actually help you kill two birds with one stone since they caiter and are also an amazing bakery. We decided on BBQ just b/c we wanted to have a laid back reception, we are using The Todd House. There are two bridal shows coming up here that are pretty awesome, that may help you find some vendors. Premier Resorts at Barefoot Resort & Music on the Strand's Fall Bridal Show October 4, 2009 1 pm until 4 pm Lakeside Conference Center at Premier Resorts North Myrtle Beach 843.390.7901 Coastal Wedding Professionals' Bridal Fair October 11, 2009 1 pm to 5 pm St Johns Inn, Myrtle Beach Admission: Free
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes we are having a laid back type of reception too. we probably wont have very many guests at all so it shouldnt be too expensive. I just need to figure out if I want to rent a place or have it at the beach house we pick.  decisions decisions.
  • ssunkissssunkiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Stox and Co for makeup ( really nice place ) Capt Daves in murrells inlet- we had our rehearsal dinner here and the food and atmospher was so wonderful.  I have lot of info if you want it. The view of the inlet is BEAUTIFUL and it is very close to Huntington beach And if you haven't found a florist check out the piggly wiggly at lichfield the florist Lynn is Awsome and does a great job and very resonable.  I know that the Holiday Inn in surfside has a restaurant and it is oceanfront. We had a friend marry us and we had a notery witness and sign the certificate. If you want her name I can give it to you
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes I would love info about capt daves. I need to keep my options open. if you want you can just email me  tcymbor0604@starkstate.net Has anyone ever eaten at Prossers? my grandmother said they cater a lot of their events and the food is awesome & really reasonably priced. Also what limo service has everyone used?thanks =)
  • trfrsitrfrsi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards