South Carolina
Options

Just Married! SC Vendor Review

I just got married on August 15th in Murrells Inlet, SC (north of Charleston, south of Myrtle Beach) and I used vendors both locally and from Charleston and I just thought I would write a vendor review for anyone who is interested: Location: Belin United Methodist Church Was married by Rev. Alexander who was very nice and extremely efficient with the rehearsal, wedding coordinator was Phyllis Farmer who was also excellent and extremely organized Reception: Kimbel's at Wachesaw Plantation Worked with Charlene Sitas, I cannot say enough good things about either Charlene or the venue, it was beautiful and everything ran seamlessly Band: Coco Loco party band Extremely professional, flexible, easy to work with and did a great job playing a variety of music and keeping the dancefloor full Photographer: Michael Petry Michael and his wife Shanna are based in Charleston, but had no problem driving up for the day, even turned down the offer of a hotel room (b/c they have kids). Michael was fantastic, the pictures are great and with the help of Shanna, they did a great job of getting all of the post-wedding pics done in an efficient and organized manner. He also releases the photography discs to you, as well as set up a website for guests to order from. Shanna also did my makeup, which was perfect, even my husband commented on how great of a job she did. Wedding Coordinator: Adie Lee Adie is also based in Charleston and has her own freelance PR and event planning company. She is organized, helpful, thorough and a pleasure to work with as well, she connected me with the photographer and has a lot of Charleston area vendor connections. She was great help and will do as much (total planning assistance) to as little (day-of coordination) as you may need. Flowers and Cake: Piggly Wiggly, Mt. Pleasant Cake: Michelle Purser, the cake was beautiful, delicious and affordable! I had SO many guests comment on how good the cake was and because Michelle works in-house at the Piggly Wiggly, the prices are lower than a bakery with more overhead costs Flowers: Sharon Reto I found Sharon in the floral dept. at the Piggly Wiggly as well. She was incredibly sweet and did all of the flowers for the wedding, again, very affordably due to lower overhead. I didn't know exactly what I wanted, so I gave her a few pictures and she did an amazing job, very creative and beautiful flowers. She also worked together with Michelle for flowers for the cake and they delivered to the wedding together and charged only 1 delivery charge, which was less than half of the price that a local florist was going to charge. If anyone wants contact information for any of the vendors, or additional advice or information, please feel free to email me directly as I don't check the chat board much anymore: eew101@gmail.com Happy Planning! Emily
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards