South Carolina

Staging Send off

Hello!I was talking to a photographer who I really like, and we were going over her packages.  I don't have a huge budget, so she told me about one of her packages that is for 5 hrs and $2600.  This includes 5 hours and and a cd with all the pics, and the online gallery.  Does that sound reasonable?  Or is that too expensive for a smaller budget?  I am not sure what a typical package costs?  Also, she told me that she often stages the send of with the bride and groom, so that way you don't have to worry about paying her for the extra hours just to stay for that moment at the very end?  Has anyone done this before.  What did you think about the resluts?Thanks!Debbie

Re: Staging Send off

• emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my!  Thats a lot of $$ but photogs are $$. Are you in G'vlle area?  I met a photog at the bridal expo who is giving 50% off all her packages b/c she realizes some off us aren't made of money.  Her least expensive package is $1200 so that would be $600 and you get 2 photogs for 4 hrs.  The lady who did my e-pics charges $500 for the entire day AND you get a free e-session or bridal session.  The 1st lady (50% off) www.mybeautifulbrides.com 2and lady www.tannabowmanphotography.com
  • LVCKLVCK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What I've seen is that you should spend 10-15% of your budget on photography. Does that include any prints or print albums at all? I mean, the pics on CD is nice so that you can get them printed elsewhere, but having nice put-together albums is also nice. My photography isn't quite that much ($2000), for 6 hours coverage. I don't get the CD, but I do get the online gallery and a couple printed albums. Oh, and I have my Bridal Portraits with a 16X20 and Engagement Pics. My photographer is pretty young, though, and not one of the most experienced in my area. Overall, I guess that sounds pretty reasonable if you want high quality art photos. You can get more basic for much cheaper, though. HTH!
  • bearby15bearby15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Girls!   I am actually getting married in Hilton Head.  I was wrong, about the 5 hour package...it is $2200 not $2600, I know that is still a lot though.  This is a hard decision to make for sure! Thanks for your help!  
  • edited December 2011
    We spent almost half our budget on the photographer but I have not once regretted the decision. I have a few friends who chose their photographer based on $ and they all say that looking back, they wish they had chosen someone else. There's not a pro pic that I do not like, it was worth it for us to splurge on the pics and save elsewhere.
  • cwoschkolupcwoschkolup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am paying $2250 for 10 hours, two photographers, CD/DVD with all edited images, and bridal portrait session
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards