South Carolina

So stressed about venue. Ready to elope!! :(

I really need advice. My FI and I have thought about Vegas, Michigan, North Carolina and South Carolina (where we currently live). I think that we are finally ready to at least decide on Rock Hill, SC area so it will be easier for us to plan.  We have a budget of 5K and probably 50-60 guests. Our date is 10-1-2011.
I am looking for a place to have our reception and can't seem to find anything that fits our budget.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Anything off-beat is welcome. We are not fancy but really want to show everyone a good time without it breaking the bank. :(
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: So stressed about venue. Ready to elope!! :(

• bmoton82bmoton82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about something on Winthrop University's campus? Most college campuses have nice facilities for a reception and most chapels on campus are really nice as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used to attend Winthrop, and it has a very pretty campus, I agree with PP. There is also fort mill, and locations around Lake Wylie. I havent been back in years, so Im not much help:-/

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • liggybliggyb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I met in Sumter, SC and our second real date was at the Swan Lake and Iris Garden. It is beautiful with flowers and blooming trees everywhere! The prices are beyond reasonable to rent the gazebo for your outside wedding they charge only $25 for two hours! I gave you the link so you can check our the venues for your reception also! Congrats and good luck!
    http://www.sumter-sc.com/visitingus/tourism_meetingrooms.aspx
  • acausey6879acausey6879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out "The Shack" on Winthrop Lake.... It's not really a shack and is a good place for that amount of people.  It's easy to find and there is ample parking.  It sits right on the lake and is very quaint. 

If you need a photographer, I highly recommend Christa Harder Photography.  She works with you and can customize packages to fit your budget!  www.christaharder.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards