South Carolina
Options

Warning- Southern Bride

I have read another post on here about this store, but unfortunately I did not read it until after I purchased my dress from Southern Bride. The selection is nice and so are the people, but they have continually lied/not come through when they said they would.
I purchased my dress which was a part of their "private collection" through Allure Bridals. You can't just look the dress up online. I currently live in the upstate, but my family is from Charleston, so my mom was not able to see the dress when I tried it on. I was told that once I ordered my dress, they would e-mail me a picture of it. I was looking forward to this so I could show my mom my dress. I ordered in June, did not get the e-mail with picture until I called in September asking why I hadn't received the e-mail yet. A week or so later, they e-mailed.
In the e-mail, they stated that the dress would be come in in February, but of course they stated it could be a few weeks late. I expected March, worst case. Remember, I ordered in July. My wedding was in the beginning of June. My dress did not come in till May. Not only was it late, but it was not the right size either! It was a size too small. Of course, the store had no idea how this happened. Even on my paperwork, it stated the size I ordered which was clearly not the size I received. Wedding has been pushed back, so I now have time to figure this out, but it has been a huge nightmare and I am still worried I will not have the right sized dress on my wedding day.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Warning- Southern Bride

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered an Allure Bridal from their "special collection" from Southern Bride also. I was able to look it up online. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them. My experience wasn't as bad but I did have problems with them after the sale.

They are great while selling the dress; however it is like you can't pin them down afterwards. They said my dress would be in around 2/15. By 3/15 I had made several calls that had not been returned. When they did finally get back to me they gave me an ETA of 3/24. I finally got my dress on 3/30. Getting in touch with them was a little bit of a problem. I'm glad I have my dress and it is over and done with!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards