South Carolina

beach weddings

i'm thinking about getting married on the beach and was wondering if anyone knew what the laws were about having a beach wedding and what beach in sc is the best one to have it at.

Re: beach weddings

• edited December 2011
    it depends on what beach..each has different laws
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Hilton Head, SC & plan on a simple wedding ceremony on one of our private beaches.  There are several  beaches to choose from (private & public) & if you book guests or yourself at one of the resort hotels, you can have access to the beaches there. 
    This is my second time around, so all I want is our immediate families & an officiant. Afterwards, we'll all just go out to dinner & bingo, it's all done.
    Very simple & inexpensive.
    I would be fine with the justice of the peace, but since I already live here & have homeowners access to a private beach, I think that's the way to go.
  • lorib843lorib843 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a really amazing ocean front venue in Myrtle Beach called the Ocean Club at Grande Dunes. They allow beach weddings there and the venue is stunning!
  • edited December 2011
    In Myrtle Beach city limits, its illegal to have a beach wedding, unless its just you, your fiance, and the officiant (no props, chairs or anything) However, if you find a venue on the beach that is privately owned, then it is up to that venue to allow or not allow beach weddings. Almost all do because of the stupid law, and it will bring them business if they are privately owned. 

We are having ours at Sea Watch Resort Plantation in Myrtle Beach, near Kingston Plantation. Privately owned, so we can have our feet in the sand and all! :):)

Hope this helps ! :) 

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards