South Carolina
Options

Invited to the Ceremony but not the Reception???

How rude is it to invite some people to the Ceremony but not mention to them the Reception?? I'm trying to cut cost and I have heard a few people say to cut the guest list for the reception...but I'd like to hear your thoughts. How would I go about this, just happen to not mention the reception or if they ask just explain that it's a small dinner for family?

Re: Invited to the Ceremony but not the Reception???

• Options
    owingseowingse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry but it is considered incredibly rude to invite ppl to the ceramony and on the reception, the reception is the fun party half of it and not many ppl would like to sit and watch you walk down he isle for 5 minutes and now get any fun out of it. im not sure how you can go about even telling ppl there not invited to the whole thing, i think its kinda assumed. you can turn it around tho and cut ppl out of the ceramony or not serve a full meal and stuff like that. everyone should understand that theirs a budget on your day and not everyone you know can be invited.  sorry but i had to be honest.good luck with your planning!

• Options
    goody2bgoody2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your feedback! I thought it'd be rude too but thought I'd see other peoples opinions! Thank you!
  • Options
    emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that is rude to do this.  You should cut the guest list in general not just the guest list for the reception.  You can also cut cost other ways like the venue, flowers, food, music or favors.  Decide what aspects of a wedding are most important to you and where you wouldnt mind cutting costs. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just asked this same question on the Etiquette board today because I am on another website and a bride was asking is it was ok for her to do this, I feel it's extremely rude but I didnt want to answer before I asked the girls on TK. And it was unanimous!!! It's a big No-No. Find another way to cut costs, or cut your list.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Extremely rude.  Its like saying..."We want you to come see us get married and we want your present but we aren't going to foot the bill for you because you aren't as important as all the other people here."

Try an A and B list. Of course you wouldn't let the B list know that they are on the B list.  Send out your invites a little early and then send out B list invties when you get "No" rsvps.  Remember if you invite ppl who are close to each other and "talk" then you need to invite them at the same time.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Owingse is right. This would be very rude. The A & B list the suz62984 suggested is a good idea. From the very begining tell people that it is going to be a fairly small wedding (even if it ends up not being that way it's ok) that way no one gets their feelings hurt since it is a "small" wedding.

What is your wedding date?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sweet moment with SD Image and video hosting by TinyPic Me & Dad Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic May Siggy - Favorite Flower : Yellow Jonquill Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    goody2bgoody2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the advice. A & B list is a very good idea!! Wedding is in May!! I think i've got it all figured out though, got an aunt doing the catering and helping me out so everything is looking good!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards