South Carolina

Advice for Myrtle Beach Brides

I was recently married in Myrtle Beach (May 2011).  I relied on these blogs to some degrees while planning my wedding as I live 4 hours away.  I thought that I would pass along my personal experience to anyone who might be interested.  As far as location goes, I was orginially going to select the Sea Watch.  It is a very nice resort for a reasonable price.  I visited the resort in September and witnessed a wedding take place.  It didn't appeal to me because of the openness of the area.  There wasn't much intimacy.  People on the beach and by the pool were gawging at the ceremony.  I had my ceremony at the Island Vista Resort.  Everyone there was great.  Sheila in group sales was very attentative to all the wedding party needs.  The resort itself is beautiful and it reasonable as well.

My choice in photographers was Something Like Life Photography & Design.  Nicole is an amazing photographer and she will work the any brides budget.  Please go check out her work.  She is amazing.  Her website is sslphotography.com or look her up on facebook.  She has some wedding pics on there as well.   

I didn't have a pleasant experience with the DJ so I'm not going to name him/her. 

As far as wedding/grooms cake, I saved money by going to BI-LO for both of these. 

I hope this is helpful to any brides that are looking at Myrtle Beach for there wedding.  Have a great week and god bless.

Re: Advice for Myrtle Beach Brides

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing! Would you be willing to share some pictures or more info about your wedding at Island Vista? I am interested in that location.

5/27/12
  • becka1126becka1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I PMed you after your response on my post about the Island Vista.  I would love more info from your personal experience on it too!  I gave you my email in the PM. Smile
  • leffingleffing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We checked out a great many places in Myrtle Beach before booking the Hilton. Island Vista was very nice. I believe they were the ones with the HUGE lawn right next to their building? Where did you have the reception? I will check out the photographer you recommend. Thanks for the post!

April 2012 Feb. Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon: Excellence, Dominican Republic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards