South Carolina

Budget Wedding in MB area! Venues? Food?

Hey yall! :) First post yay me! Anyways, my fiance and I are looking for venues in the area for the ceremony and reception. We have a lot of people invited since we both have so much family but we're also paying for everything ourselves and trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible without it looking "cheap". The only thing we're having a huge problem with is finding a venue that can fit about 250 people that isn't outrageously priced. We're also trying to figure out what to do for food. We were figuring more 'buffet' style food with stations would be less expensive but this is the first wedding I've ever had or planned or been to or anything so I'm kind of clueless! What are some nice places in the MB area (Myrtle, North Myrtle, Pawleys, Murrels Inlet, Conway, Surside) ?

Re: Budget Wedding in MB area! Venues? Food?

• victoria0993victoria0993 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For catering I would talk to Mrs. Jean Wood Brown from B&B catering. She is amazing and super sweet! She is doing all the catering for my wedding. If you cant find her number online let me know and Ill dig through my wedding notebook for her number and give it to you!
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I am using T-Bone Terry's catering. He is awesome to work with and extremely reasonable! Some of the resorts have packaged wedding deals so I would call around. We are renting a house on the beach and having a tent for the reception in the back yard. It's a lot of work for us but it saves a lot of money!!
  • gillianalexisgillianalexis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You would have to find a caterer but the Riverwalk in Conway SC is Awesome and the Peanut Warehouse which is right next door is rustic and beautiful!  For the Riverwalk contact the conway parks and rec and the peanut warehouse just google the Jerry Cox Co. Conway, SC.  You would have to find someone for food but they can reccomend someone :)

Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards