South Carolina

Places for Wedding Ceremony in and around Greenville, SC.

We are getting married on September 18, 2010. We are looking for a good place to have our ceremony at. We already have a place for the reception. Does anyone know of any good places?

Re: Places for Wedding Ceremony in and around Greenville, SC.

• MollyW318MollyW318 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've looked up plenty of places before deciding.  Where is your reception? That would help to know what's close by.  I'm doing both ceremony and reception at Larkin's on the River with the ceremony in the courtyard and the reception in the Cabaret room.
  • edited December 2011
    ditto...I'm doing it all at the Hilton; although my choices were limited by Fall for Greenville. Where is the reception? I've seen ceremonies at the Wyche Pavilion turn out really pretty! It is covered so if it is raining then you won't get wet but still outdoors (should be warm on your wedding day). Just a thought.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    If you'd like to be married in a church or chapel of some sort, the Furman University Chapel is wondeful! (Perhaps I'm a bit biased since I'm a student there, but still.) Here's a link to the website:

There's also a wonderful conference center on campus where you could have your reception: 

Hope this helps! 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto on Furman Chapel. It is gorgeous and I really wanted mine there but i'm an October bride and Furman has football and home games. I'd check the schedule to see if they were having an away game that weekend.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing ours at Falls Park--the Old Mill Garden/River Lodge. If you're at all interested in an outside wedding, you should check it out. The rental price is $500, with $250 of that refundable if you cancel a month or more in advance. You do have to provide your own seating but we found chairs to rent for only $1.70 each (including setup). Also, if you don't get married here you have to pay to do a photo session in the park (I can't remember the price, maybe $150?), but if you get married at the Old Mill Garden/River Lodge you don't have to pay extra for a photo shoot in the park.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing our ceremony and reception at The LOOM at Cotton Mill Place in downtown Simpsonville. Its a beautiful old cotton mill that they just remodeled for condos and this space. My wedding is in November :)
  • edited December 2011
    If you're not opposed to going to spartanbvurg, Converse College is beautiful inside and out... very old brick buildings, etc. they take excellent care of their property, and have weddings there alot. They have several places around campus to get married at. Also, Duncan estates, it's kinda new, but very pretty. Theres some other farmish places as well. Michel;in is also very pretty for an outdoor ceremony, but I'm not sure if you can actually book them. Woffor dcollege is gorgeous as well, but I never attended there, so I don't know if they rent out for weddings, but my guess is yes. Hope this helps. Marriot in spartanburg, and the country club are nice too, but they are more pricey.
  • lilredz326lilredz326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours at Wyche Pavilion.  Billy at Larkins is awesome to work with.  We haven't had any problems and anything we have asked for, we are getting.  They are getting pricy, but we have managed to stay on budget by doing a lot of awesome and easy DIY. 
  • Ther is a beautiful outdoor - under a tent - space at the Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown. Check some pics at their webpage: http://www.marriottcourtyardgreenville.com/.
    We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville RiverPlace Downtown that is walking distance from the Courtyard at the beautiful river front.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards