South Carolina
Options

Should We Hire a Wedding Coordinator?

Hi All:

I've given some thought lately to hiring a Wedding Coordinator. I was thinking it would be better to have someone handle all of the "day of" or "day before" issues, so that we can relax, and not have to appoint a friend or family member to do "chores" during the ceremony and/or reception.

Has anyone else decided to hire a Wedding Coordinator? What influenced your decision? What should I look for (or beware of) when looking for a Wedding Coordinator? Thanks in advance for any information you can share!
Anniversary

Re: Should We Hire a Wedding Coordinator?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I do day-of coordinating on the side (I live in Houston, so I can't help ya!) so I know how important it is to have someone there on your big day. If you have a big budget and a big guest list then you may want to consider paying someone to do all the work, but otherwise a day-of coordinator should meet your needs. I provide help at the rehearsal and the entire big day from start to finish. This should be pretty standard and most wedding planners will offer a la carte services like that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, I've heard of Knotties "swapping" weddings. As in, if you live relatively close to another bride ask if she can do your day-of and you can do hers.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    S2K2012S2K2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hired Melanie Murphy of Muphy Weddings also known as By Invitation Only. She is providing the "Day of" coordination however we get a lot more in our package. In addition to her services we also have access to all of her staging items (draping, candelabras, table runners etc) and her entire staff for set up and take down. She's a really big help and you can check on her site to see if you like her work. It's murphyweddings.com. HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a wedding coordinator and I can honestly say that the most important times to have help are the day before and the day of. It can be so stressful trying to coordinate a wedding and get ready at the same time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards