South Carolina

I need help with a venue for both a ceremony and reception

I'm getting married April 21, 2012 and have become so stressed and overwhelmed with trying to find a venue. I live in Rock Hill and my fiance lives in Monroe, NC. I've spent the day emailing and calling so many places in Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Waxhaw, Monroe, Charlotte, Concord, and Kanapollis and can't seem to find a place that is reasonably priced. Our budget is small which I guess is the problem. But if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: I need help with a venue for both a ceremony and reception

• edited December 2011
    I'm not familiar with the area, but I will help you search! What style are you looking for? Indoors? Outdoors? What is your budget for the venue?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

I am a wedding planner in South Charlotte. I am planning a barn/rustic/lake wedding for one of my brides. It is very reasonable priced and cute!

• edited December 2011
    We are doing our Wedding/Reception at the Magnolia Room in Rock Hill. It was $3200 for the Venu, which is alot better than some of the other venues that we looked at. Hope you find what you are looking for!
  • edited December 2011
    The Coker Ranch in Lancaster is pretty reasonable! That's where Im getting married in October '11. Check out their website! They are wonderful people!
  • luschyluschy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! 

We are getting married at the Coker Ranch in June 2012 and you can have both your wedding and reception there.  Check out the Magnolia Room and also The Dairy Barn in Fort Mill.  Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens is beautiful and another option.  Also check out Brattonsville in Rock Hill. 

Just remember have fun and take a lot of notes!!
  • edited December 2011
    Monroe Country Club in Monroe on 601!
  • edited December 2011
    The Dairy Barn is a great venue! It's 1700 for a Sunday if you use them as a caterer. With everything together (rentals, venue, catering) for 70 people is around 5000. Of course you can cut into that by cutting the guest list or choosing to have a different type of reception (without alcohol or not a full dinner buffet, which is what the price includes).
    Anniversary
  • luschyluschy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't want to talk prices as many venues change prices irregularly but the Coker Ranch in Lancaster, SC was hands down the best deal around of all the venues that we visited.  You have an option of getting the entire venue all to yourself for all day Friday and Saturday including lodging in the main house (4 gorgeous bedrooms) and the men's "bunkhouse" (cozy, quaint and fun that sleeps up to 12) for a fraction of what Dairy Barn charges.  Bill and Minerva at the ranch are wonderful to work with and also provide tables and chairs and many other incidentals that add up quickly as part of your package.  Trust me, this is a fabulous deal...!!!  They have a preferred caterer down the road from the ranch who also has a great menu at about 50% of the cost we found from other caterers.  Check them out and you won't be disappointed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards