South Carolina

Alterations in Columbia/Lexington, SC area-ish

Apparently, the knot just told me that I have 79 days until my wedding.. haha! Where the heck does the time go??

Anyway! I am getting married in Greenville but live in Lexington, I don't want to have to drive all the way back to Greenville to the bridal salon for alterations so, does anyone know a good place in the Columbia area? I took a bridesmaids dress to Jackie's in Lexington to be taken in and she screwed it up. It was very tight fitting and there were two seams down the front, and when I got it back, the seams went sideways instead of straight down! I am now very hesitant to go to a random seamstress!! :(:(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alterations in Columbia/Lexington, SC area-ish

• edited December 2011
    I'm no help for the Lexington area, but I'm wondering if you know of an alterations place in Greenville you reccomend? I'm looking for one and this board seems kind of dead. =(
  • edited December 2011
    I actually do! I just dont want to drive up there three extra times if I dont have to :) haha..

Her name is Ketty Ramierez - 864-386-0029 or 864-498-1177 - She is located in Greer. She will do an amazing job for you.

Hope she works out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_alterations-columbialexington-sc-area-ish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:123Discussion:b97241f7-15ed-4cac-a182-a60fa0e8dca7Post:20776955-846d-4141-b31c-d73c715cc8ec">Re: Alterations in Columbia/Lexington, SC area-ish</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually do! I just dont want to drive up there three extra times if I dont have to :) haha.. Her name is Ketty Ramierez - 864-386-0029 or 864-498-1177 - She is located in Greer. She will do an amazing job for you. Hope she works out!
    Posted by janice0487[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh thank you so so so much! =)</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Does she work for a business or is she kind of like a freelancer?</div>
  • edited December 2011
    She does work for a bridal salon, but does her own freelance stuff on the side (and she is cheaper than going to the bridal salon) :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • leffingleffing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have one who lives in Columbia! She was recommended by several friends and my bridal salon. Her name is Jane, and her phone # 803-781-1892. She's been doing this for a very long time apparently. She's doing my dress now, and so far, I've been very pleased.
    April 2012 Feb. Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon: Excellence, Dominican Republic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks!! I will try her out! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards