South Carolina

Wedding Venue for Myrtle Beach Area! Help!

Hey ya'll. I'm a June 2012 bride, so still a long ways off, but I'm trying to find a site for the wedding and reception in the myrtle beach area. I would rather have the wedding near the beach, but not right on the beach. Outdoors is fine. Does anyone know any ideas? Ideally, the wedding and reception would be in the same place or very close. Thanks for any suggestions!!
May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Venue for Myrtle Beach Area! Help!

• edited December 2011
    I'd wait until June 2011 to start looking. Over the past 8 months of my planning 3 new sites have opened around my wedding area and they would've been perfect for my ceremony/reception.  Something new may come around, you may change your location, or your venue may close.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Breakers Resort in Myrtle Beach, great settings :) Ours is going to be at Sea Watch Resort which is in Myrtle Beach but privately owned (so we can get married in the sand:)). They have great prices, and the lady Mary Ann is supernice! :) GL

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • edited December 2011
    I have some friends getting married at the Myrtle Beach State park area near the springmaid. But if you're willing to leave MB city limits, Huntington Beach State park is much nicer and Atalaya castle is a beautiful setting for a June wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    The Grand Dunes is beautiful!!! Though a bit pricey...also Kingston Plantation does a FANTASTIC job!! 

Huntington Beach is a great place, but really rethink outdoors for anything other than ceremony.  It is VERY hot and humid from june to august!!
    I am a vendor in the MB area...If you are in need of a wedding Cake/grooms cake Please contact me!!!  A moment on the lips cake co....
    amomentonthelips.com
    amomentonthelipscakes@hotmail.com

I know your wedding is a bit off but we could always do a save the date deposit and work on details a bit later!!
  • MrscoulterMrscoulter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at venues in Myrtle Beach also! Does anyone have any more ideas on this topic as of now? What are the new places?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards