South Carolina
Options

Big Day!

I just got my first unsolicited wedding related phone call!!! It was some random number out of Tennesse claiming that I had registered to win champagne flutes. When I asked how I would have done that, she listed off things like a wedding show or bridal shop. Then when I told her I hadn't been to any of those she told me someone could have registered me without telling me and tried to get me to go to an some show at the Holiday Inn in Greenville. I told her we no longer lived in Greenville, and she quickly hung up. I'm suspicious it's a ploy to sell me pots and pans or something like that. Has anyone else had this happen yet?
Anniversary

Re: Big Day!

• Options
    victoria0993victoria0993 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes! It happened to me twice! I kindly asked them to take me off of their calling list that I was not interested. I have NO idea how they get my name and number.. but they are annoying! I had a friend go to something like this and they asked to see her engagement ring so they could "clean it". They tried to steal her diamond and give her a fake one back... luckily she noticed it wasn't hers and asked for her diamond back. They company said that they didn't take her diamond so, she had to call the police and wait for them to come and sort it out... CRAZY! She did her get diamond back.. and the company got in lots of trouble. So I suggest that if you get a call like this.. do not go! 
    Anniversary

• Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :-O Are you serious?!?!? That's insane! And making me feel better about being a little rude to the lady. :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I got around 10 of those phones calls. They always wanted me to come to the Pheonix Inn in Greenville to pick up my "prize." I kept telling them not to call me but they didn't listen. I'm still getting random emails and crap saying "Congrats on your upcoming wedding" and the wedding was last month!

Anniversary
  • Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha! I'm just trying to figure out which potential vendor sold my info as retaliation for us not choosing them. ;-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had the same thing happen. It really weirded me out that she knew my name and phone number and my fiance's name and our wedding date. She wouldn't tell me where she got my information, but I haven't been to any bridal shows or given my information out anywhere, except on this website. I've also been getting a lot of things in the mail. I tried to be really nice to her on the phone, but after hearing about your friend's diamond almost being stolen, I'm pretty sure I won't be so kind, lol!
  • Options
    The StrongsThe Strongs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've actually gone to claim my "free vacation" which sounds pretty similiar.  If it is, they'll have you come to a room, try to sell you something, and you get the prize whether or not you buy...just for coming to hear them out.  I never felt too haggled, (yes they're trying to sell somethign, but I never felt too pushed) and you get to enjoy your prize.  Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards