South Carolina
Options

OOH ( OUT OF HAND), MT PLEASANT SC (CHARLESTON SC)

WARNING:  take a look at Lisa Thomas's  shop in the Old Village, Out of Hand says it all. 
Forget the website, forget all the decriptive adjectives (she doesn't know the meaning of them !!)      My daughter's wedding was April 2010 at Grace Episcopal Church downtown Charleston, afterwards the reception was held at the Doubletree Hotel,  Previously my daughter, Lisa Thomas (owner of OHH) and I had  met many times at her Old Village shop  (we also met with  the events planner at  Doubletree Hotel in downtown Charleston   and OtherBrother (lighting and staging)  (by the way the food, service and staff were awesome at the Doubletree)   We used OOH for rentals, florals and I was lead to believe planner, meaning "they were in charge".     MOB's out there, do not give this planner or what would be a better  decription: low end florist a second thought.  Is this "sour grapes"?? You better believe it is, without a doubt, what I expected to be a beautiful spring Charleston Garden effect turned into an infested weed ridden area which blite and caterpillars had taken over. It looked as though children had thrown tablecloths on the tables at their mother's last minute request.   When I shared my feelings with the owner, she was quick to tell me she had a bad weekend, but "she thought it was pretty".    What a joke.

Flowers, colors,theme,  NOTHING was the way we had discussed.   For anyone who has used OHH and were pleased, I assure you  "you got lucky"  
OHH LOST 5 OF MY PERSONAL TABLECLOTHS AND HAVE SENT ME ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE TRYING TO FIND THEM, TO NO AVAIL.  Instead of apologizing, Ms Thomas has told me I was responsible for the tablecloths (at the end of my daughter's wedding!!!!)   She returned the rest of them!!!!     Ms Thomas was "ALL" accomodating when we first met with her and every meeting after.    "She could turn a ball room into a garden, no problems"  Later she said "there is only so much you can do with a hotel ballroom!!!"    I have NEVER dealt with anyone so unprofessional,   Charleston is a destination wedding location.   However, this is one event planner (LOL) from which you don't want to deal with.

Pam Snyder  -  
Charleston resident (35 years)

Re: OOH ( OUT OF HAND), MT PLEASANT SC (CHARLESTON SC)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I soooo agree, Lisa Thomas really disappointed me. At the meetings she acted like
    she knew exactly what I wanted and when you questioned her, she got all insulted. I had a very bad vib about her but my daughter wanted her..
    so I let it go... I should have listened to my instincts... I had an idea for runners made out of ribbon for fall., I wanted all fall soft colors and I couldn't believe it when I walked into the reception room, She used bright kelly green, dark purples, crazy colors!!! It was like she used what she had lying around...And to top it all off she forgot to bring the runners for some of the tables and had a big attitude when
    I called her on it!!! She wanted to bring them when people were being seated!!  And she charged me $45 for each of them even though she didn't bring them.. and the ones she brought she wanted back even though she charged me.  Probably to use them on the next person and charge them  And she sent someone over to do the tables that I never even met or talked to, she had no iidea what we wanted..   After the wedding i told people about it and I heard other horror stories,, I heard them too late.. She had someone come at 11 pm to pick up the vases and flowers, I was told by a reliable source she does that because she reuses flowers!!  IIn Charleston there is a planner and florist that will cost you a lot less stress!! She really does just take your money...
    she made me pay in full the day before the wedding...She knew I would hate those runners.. Do yourself a favor and don't use Lisa Thomas...She is all smiiles when you meet here but beware, it will cost you plenty and cause you lots of stress and disappointment..     b mallon
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow..that is pretty sad.. Thanks for letting us know thats one less planner to not hire!

I'm just curious; would you have pictures to share of this horrific experience?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards