Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

XP: Facing the audience during the ceremony

On another board, someone brought up the idea of facing the audience during the ceremony.  I thought it was a brilliant idea.  Whenever I go to weddings, I'm always looking at the bride and groom's backs.  I would love to face my audience during my ceremony.  I'm having trouble visualizing the specifics though.

We're having an arch - I would assume that FI and I will stand under the arch, while the BMs and GMs are on either side of us and the officiant will be in the aisle with her back to the guests.

What does this sound like to you?

Re: XP: Facing the audience during the ceremony

• In our church for the important parts:  questions of intent, exchange of vows, exchange of rings, the couple faces each other anyway, so you see both faces.

I would think whether you're facing the congregation or not won't really matter because you'll turn to face each other for most of the ceremony.

My DD and SIL were facing each other for the entire ceremony-includingthe readings.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • bec, I love that idea!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Bec, you are full-blown amazing!  Thanks for that Idea. :)
  • I am married now, but if I had the chance to go back and do it over I would totally of looked at the people instead of them staring at my back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards