New York-Upstate

hair prices?

Hi girls,I've received a few quotes for bridal and bm hair for the day of and I'm not sure if it's worth going to the salon, or paying someone a little extra to travel to me.  The quotes that I've received seem to be all over the place - what is the average that you've been paying for you and your girls?  I was hoping to pay for everyone so my girls don't have more on their plate for financial responsibilities.  Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Re: hair prices?

• S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am paying $60 for bridal updo and $50 per bridesmaid. Make-up for bridesmaids is $25 and mine would be $45 I believe. If I have at least 6 people getting hair done, I get a 50% discount on my hair and make-up and 10% off everyone else. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    I think I lucked out...my girl's paid $40 for theirs and I paid $40 for mine too...that included the hair trial.
  • smdolan18smdolan18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where did you girls get these great prices??!!
  • panda&squishypanda&squishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got good prices because I've been going to the same hairdresser since I was in elementary school. $50 each for hair and $20 for makeup. If you've been getting quotes from large, well known salons, i would suggest trying to find a smaller one in your area. They might be more apt to give you a better price.
  • edited December 2011
    I was just going to ask a similar questions. Has anyone heard anything about Make Me Fabulous? They travel to you from what I hear and do hair and make up. I don't really want to have to go to a salon since I would have to travel about a half hour but I don't want to spend a fortune to have some come to me either. Any suggestions of people that travel for a reasonable price? ($50-60 updos)
  • edited December 2011
    So, the prices you've found are considerably lower than what I was quoted, but the area may make a difference?  I've been seeing an average of $100-125 for bridal up do and $80-90 for bm - am i way off base?I've heard about make me fab, but I don't know anything about the pricing.  Where did you girls find these prices?
  • AJessicaAJessica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, I had my hair and make up done by make me fabulous. They were amazing!! They went all the way up to the Sagamore for no additional charge! My hair was $100, my make up was $85 and my girls hair was 75 ( updo) and make up was 70. Alayne was even able to match my hair extensions to my natural hair color. No one could tell i had extensions in! I have never had so many complements on my hair and make up. I can not say enough about the team at make me fabulous. If i ever need services for hair and make up they will be the first place i go. Hope this helped!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback ladies!.  I ended up booking Kristen from timeless up dos.  The prices are reasonable (60 for bride, 50 for the maids) and she travels! She co-owns a salon in Saratoga (Above and Beyond Hair and Make Up Studio) - I'll be sure to post reviews after the big day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards