Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

processional/recessional songs

someone on my local boards made a thread about this and i would love to see what everyone else is using!!

i am strongly considering using bruno mars "just the way you are" for my processional.  the only thing is that it does say "sexy" in one of the verses... do you think people will be offended? ((we are getting married outside, about 50 guests, nothing religious))

recessional: not sure... going to start looking at that now!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: processional/recessional songs

• Options

Processional: My bridal party and my parents and my FI's parents will be walking down the isle to "Hallelujah" by The Candian Tenors, and I will be walking down the isle to Canon De Pachelbel in D Major!!!

Recessional: "Crasy little thing called love" by Queen..

I think that is unique and fun, it's your wedding, I say go with it!!!

Good Luck

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you're not getting married in a church, I say go for it!

We used "Livin' Our Love Song" by Jason Michael Carroll for the processional and Phil Vassar's "Love is a Beautiful Thing" for the recessional. It was supposed to be "Cowboy Take me Away" by the Dixie Chicks but the DJ messed it up :(
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    As long as it's not a religious church ceremony, I say go for it!  I'd bet your guests will be so caught up in the excitement of everything that they won't even notice the word "sexy" in the song.

We're using Little Martha by The Allman Brothers for the BP processional and I Want You by Tom Waits for my processional.  The recessional will be Bron-Yr-Aur by Led Zeppelin
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    We will be playing old country love songs like Doug Stone-Never knew love till you.. while everyone walks in including parents/gm... For the bridal party entrence it will be Norah Jones Come Away with Me.. As far as my entrence .. NO CLUE!!!!

Our Recessional is Dave mathews You and Me...
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    We did traditional songs for the processional, and Signed Sealed Delivered by Stevie Wonder for the recessional
  • Options
    That song always makes me smile and I don't think I ever really noticed that it said sexy. I agree that it's a fun way to get your guests excited.
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Groom, Groomsman, and my son will walk down to : Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top

MOH and BM will walk down to: 1,2,3,4 plain white t's

I will walk down to: I don't want to miss a thing by Aerosmith

We are in a chapel and can choose our own music. We definatly don't want traditional its just NOT us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    145 Invited image
    125 Ready to party image
    20 Missing out! image
    0 Can't make up thier minds image
  • Options
    Parents: not sure yet
    WP: "Real Love" - Regina Spektor
    Me: "Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner" - Vitamin String Quartet (FOB song)Recessional:  Not sure yet, but we're thinking either "As Lovers Go" by Dashboard Confessional or "Toothpaste Kisses" by the Maccabees
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards