New York-Upstate

Freaking Out!!!

So I had a dream that I showed up to our reception and the enterance songs were wrong, which I shrugged off as they were still upbeat.  But, then the DJ was playing all of our "do not play" music and people weren't dancing and it was just boring, so I look over and the DJ isn't our DJ, it's this young girl who said he couldn't make it and sent her instead.  Then she mid song starts playing a random love song and announces our first dance, in the dream my fiance passes out (which he would never do in real life haha) because he is so upset and I run over and start cursing her out, saying she's ruined everything can she at least get our first dance song right.  She tells me she has the list of songs for our wedding and she got it right, but the list is from someone elses wedding.  She says give her 10 minutes to fix the song and she'll play the right one.  The sound equiptment dies...Everyone got up and left and said it was the worst wedding ever.OK so now I'm FREAKING OUT and want to cancel our DJ and book a new one, I woke up in tears.  Is this normal, is anyone else having weird dreams and nerves like this?  Should I cancel?!  I know it's just a dream, but it seemed so random and so vivid that now I'm loosing my mind!Help girls!!! And thank you for listening to me jabber!!!!

Re: Freaking Out!!!

• edited December 2011
    Don't cancel your DJ over a dream. It's a bit irrational. Everyone has crazy wedding dreams and with a year to go, you will have more. I had one my dress was lime green and black (it was really white). That we got kicked out of our venue and had to get married in a school cafeteria (would never happen since our venue is owned by family). Your brain is playing games...just relax!If you plan on canceling/changing everything you dream about, you're going to spend a crapton of money.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, I just talked to one of my closest friends and bridesmaids, (she is getting married 5 weeks before me) and she had a dream 2 nights ago that her seamstress gave away her gown (which is her deceased mothers dress) to charity.  She made her MOH run down there and check on it!!!  So maybe this is just the first of numerous dreams to come and I need to chill.Thank you for your comments I need to hear that.
  • panda&squishypanda&squishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it's just a dream so take a deep breath! I had a dream a couple nights ago that my veil had been dyed navy blue. Crazy wedding dreams happen, just think of them as amusement!
  • edited December 2011
    I've had several crazy dreams! In one of them, all of my exes showed up and crashed the reception! Take a deep breath and have a cup of decaf tea next time :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards